Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Mini Southwestern Corn Pup Muffins with Fiesta Dipping Sauce. We eat our dinner>>>
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #4956 at 7:56 pm on Dec 16, 2006
at around 2PM everyday so I'm always looking for different little snacks to have later and yesterday I made these. They are fun and tasty, like a mini corn dog. I made the Fiesta sauce and it was also good. I think they would be great to pop into a cloth lined basket and since I like my corn dogs with ketchup and mustard I think it would be neat to have bowls of them set out. It would be a great munchie to go along with a B-B-Q or some other casual thing. I scaled this down to make just 6. Really cute and fun.
Mini Southwestern Corn Pup Muffins with Fiesta Dipping Sauce
Submitted by: Athena Russell
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 8 members
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 25 Minutes
Yields: 12 servings
"This recipe is a great alternative to the fried corn dogs, and they taste just as good. Serve with the Fiesta Dipping Sauce recipe provided, or use your favorite corn dog condiments."
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten 2 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup shredded Monterey
4 hot dogs, cut into 1 inch
Fiesta Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons dry taco
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat two 12 cup muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and oil. Stir until well blended, then gently stir in the cheese. Drop a smal spoonful of the batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. Place a piece of hot dog on top of this batter. Fill cups with enough additional batter to cover the hot dog pieces.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until muffins are lightly browned and spring back when lightly pressed. Cool slightly before removing from the muffin pans. Serve warm with the Fiesta Dipping Sauce.
4. To make the Fiesta Dipping Sauce, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix until smooth. Serve immediately.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2005 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 12/16/2006
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4956. Rec: Mini Southwestern Corn Pup Muffins with Fiesta Dipping Sauce. We eat our dinner>>> [LINK] - orchid - 7:56pm on 12/16/06 (11)
- Orchid, thanks for this recipe. I'm searching for things like this to put out for company who will - Barb - 11:34pm on 12/16/06
- Hi Barb - along similar lines, I've used puff pastry and lil smokies>>> - Sandi in Hawaii - 12:37am on 12/17/06
- I'm the Queen of munchies Barb...(smile)...I'll post some tomorrow! [NT] - orchid - 12:44am on 12/17/06
- REC: Baked Cheese Spread from Paula Deen. Hubby wanted me to post this>>> [LINK] - orchid - 8:19pm on 12/17/06
- REC: Sage Sausage Bites with Balsamic Apricot Dip from Rachel Ray>>> [LINK] - orchid - 8:23pm on 12/17/06
- REC: GRILLED PORK KEBABS WITH GINGER MOLASSES BARBECUE SAUCE >>> [LINK] - orchid - 8:34pm on 12/17/06
- REC:Tortellini Kabobs from Jada/Oregon. These are always a hit! - orchid - 8:39pm on 12/17/06
- REC: Leeks and Cheese Phyllo Packets. I love these because they can be>>> - orchid - 8:49pm on 12/17/06
- Rec: Party Pizzas. Hate the name but that's what my friend who gave me>>> - orchid - 9:00pm on 12/17/06
- Thanks so much for these Orchid, I've copied several of these to try while my guests are here. [NT] - Barb - 1:21pm on 12/23/06
- Every time someone posts a recipe for "mini" something, I think I am being paged! [NT] - Mimi - 12:46pm on 12/17/06