Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Shaun in TO||
That's a misleading list, as it implies that ALL those additives are in the flu vaccine, whereas in
Joined: Mar 12, 2006
Posted to Thread #16591 at 12:54 pm on Oct 25, 2009
fact only a few are, as clarified in the CDC's list Cindy linked to. All additives play some vital role (such as emulsifiers) and all are harmless in the huge majority of cases.
In Canada, and probably also the States, the additives in the H1N1 vaccine are EXACTLY the same as those in previous seasonal flu vaccines. They have been extensively tested in the past and are proven to be safe. In fact, if H1N1 had showed up a few months earlier, it would simply have been included as one of the three or four antigens in this year's regular seasonal flu vaccine, and not been a separate vaccination.
Any vaccine may have harmful results in some individuals, but the same goes for Tylenol or cough syrup. But your chances of dying of flu -- any flu, not just H1N1 -- are far greater than your chances of dying from or being made chronically ill by a flu vaccine.
A lot of what scares people is the list of mysterious chemical names. I think these people should be more scared by the list of chemicals on their bottle of salad dressing.
Incidentally, you ingest more mercury in a tuna sandwich than you get in a vaccine.
I'm personally puzzled by all this talk about people "being informed" about what's in an injection and being able to make "informed choices." When was the last time you looked at what else is in your Tylenol tablet, or your multivitamin? When was the last time a diabetic who takes insulin looked at what else is in that bottle? If you're travelling to India, your doctor will give you shots for malaria and typhoid. If you cut yourself on a piece of rusty metal, you'll get a routine tetanus shot. Do people demand to know what additives are in those vaccines? Do people refuse to have those shots because they contain polysorbate or gelatin or something that's been linked to cancer in rats at high doses? No, usually not -- they just get their shots because they don't want to get malaria or tetanus. What's the difference with flu?
Other messages in this thread:
- 16591. Flu Vaccine Recipe - Kendall - 10:25pm on 10/24/09 (19)
- Kendall, are you a scientist, or with the CDC, or in the medical community? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:28pm on 10/24/09
- Here's the flu mist (that's what I got) ingredients as listed by the CDC [LINK] - Cindy - 11:52pm on 10/24/09
- What I posted are the ingredients used in flu vaccines, not all of - Kendall - 12:33am on 10/25/09
- Your comments are sincere and for the most part I agree with you - KarenNoCA - 12:58am on 10/25/09
- It is scary, but the pharmaceuticals are pushed on us, the drug companies are huge lobbyists - Kendall - 1:45am on 10/25/09
- I am posting this on every internet community I belong to, because I want people to make informed - Kendall - 1:46am on 10/25/09
- My take is that a lot of people have died from the flu, but I have yet to hear about one person - EvaN - 10:51am on 10/25/09
- I got my seasonal vaccine last Thurs. I feel great. I have taken one for 5 years, and not sick - AngAk - 6:22pm on 10/26/09
- Same here. I took mine last week and have for the last 4 years. No flu for me, thankfully. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:49pm on 10/26/09
- That's a misleading list, as it implies that ALL those additives are in the flu vaccine, whereas in - Shaun in TO - 12:54pm on 10/25/09
- Go, Shaun, GO! I'm all for informed consent, but aren't many of the stories you see... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:26pm on 10/25/09
- Like I said, Not ALL of those ingredients are in every flu vaccine. I am not saying don't get a flu - Kendall - 2:28pm on 10/25/09
- I don't want to get in a big discussion here, but there is compelling evidence that aluminum... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:09pm on 10/25/09
- Should be tagged NFRC... [NT] - ErininNY - 5:31pm on 10/25/09
- From someone who wrote me privately: He says: - Kendall - 7:04pm on 10/25/09
- OK, the 1st post are what they put in flu vaccines, everything else I wrote is my opinion. [NT] - Kendall - 7:08pm on 10/25/09
- Did that clear it up? I had no intention of starting arguments. [NT] - Kendall - 7:09pm on 10/25/09
- I was telling the others who commented my take on it. No shoving this in anyone's proverbial throat [NT] - Kendall - 7:11pm on 10/25/09
- Please, NO more comments on this thread...Thank you! [NT] - Kendall - 7:16pm on 10/25/09