Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Indian Pulao - spicy rice with vegetables
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #17619 at 8:01 pm on Feb 5, 2010
We had this for dinner tonight.
It's fast and easy - and you'll have room for dessert afterwards ;-)
6 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp cashew nuts (I used unsalted nuts)
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
3 oz fresh or frozen sweet corn (I used canned)
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp golden raisins, chopped
salt to taste
1 cup uncooked rice (I used basmati rice)
Heat oil in a heavy pan and fry the cashew nuts until golden.
Drain and reserve.
Add vegetables and the spices to the pan. Fry for a few minutes.
Add rice and 1 1/2 cup of water. Cook until rice is done and vegetables are soft but still crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
Add cashew nuts and golden raisons and serve hot.
I ate this dish as it is, but DH - the Meat Eater - had some butter fried white fish to go with it. I'm happy to report we both liked it.
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 17619. Indian Pulao - spicy rice with vegetables - EvaN - 8:01pm on 02/05/10 (6)
- This sounds delish Eva, I am going to try this in my rice cooker. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 2:26pm on 02/06/10
- Sounds like a lot of garam masala for 1 cup rice.... it wasn't too strong? [NT] - cheezz - 9:40pm on 02/06/10
- chezz, it's 1 cup uncooked rice, so it's closer to 2 cups when cooked. Also, I really like - EvaN - 3:42pm on 02/08/10
- oh no, I love cumin.... I just thought the garam masala (the one I have) is strong. Sounds good tho! [NT] - cheezz - 11:44pm on 02/08/10
- Sorry chezz, it was my error. I think that you could easily start with - EvaN - 12:49pm on 02/09/10
- I mix my own, so I know how potent it is - thanks :) [NT] - cheezz - 8:58pm on 02/09/10