Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Barbara in VA||
Amanda are you missing all the fun?? We are scheduled for 24-36" between now and tomorrow evening...
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #17614 at 12:40 am on Feb 6, 2010
The DC area has already seen more snow this year than the last three years combined. And that does not count the storm right now. It is so beautiful out and so quiet. I live pretty close to the beltway and during the winter (when the trees are naked) we can hear the constant hum, but it's quiet now. DH just went out to get in a preliminary shovel of the walkways. Most of the snow is to fall between now and 10AM tomorrow. If 36" does fall it will be the most snow in one storm since the late 1790's.
Tomorrow I am planning on making the beef stew that cheezz posted earlier. I couldn't get a Cotes du Rhone at the grocery so I bought a cab, hope its okay. Also, I think some Mrs. Fields cookies need to be baked as a reward for more shoveling--along with some hot spiced cider-- hopefully in front of a fire.
Bring on the SNOW!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17614. I hope those in VA/MD/DC have stocked up on milk and tp! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:37pm on 02/04/10 (17)
- I just got back from the store. Costco was packed.I just pray we don't lose power. nt [NT] - rosie - 8:20pm on 02/04/10
- Wow, this is a really weird year. Eureka, a coastal town about three hours from us, just got a 6.0 - KarenNoCA - 12:06am on 02/05/10
- Yes, this was in the same place as last month, off coast from Ferndale. [LINK] - Luisa_Calif - 1:10am on 02/05/10
- This always reminds me to check and rotate my earthquake supplies. [NT] - LisainLA - 4:04am on 02/05/10
- I was staying at a friend's house and really felt it. The house shimmied sideways - Heather_in_SF - 4:52pm on 02/05/10
- Where is your friend? I didn't feel it here up in Vacaville. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 5:26pm on 02/05/10
- Over by Stern Grove in San Francisco. It's sand dunes out there and very wiggly. - Heather_in_SF - 3:07pm on 02/06/10
- Well you are closer to the coast, esp by the Park. and it was an off shore quake. Scarey in those > - Luisa_Calif - 6:07pm on 02/06/10
- Please stay safe, folks. [NT] - EvaN - 7:58pm on 02/05/10
- Amanda are you missing all the fun?? We are scheduled for 24-36" between now and tomorrow evening... - Barbara in VA - 12:40am on 02/06/10
- Oh yeah! Snowed in on the weekend -- lovely, lovely! My son - PatBastrop - 2:14am on 02/06/10
- I heard you all got walloped. And more coming this week! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:47am on 02/08/10
- Just make sure your outside vents are clear... CO2 can build up - have heard horror stories! [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:57am on 02/06/10
- (That's CO, of course!) [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:17am on 02/11/10
- I almost broke my a** today - went out in the slushy ice to scrape the stuff off the car, and I - Meryl - 3:04am on 02/06/10