Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Mar, can't open your AB post -- I think maybe the percent sign did something?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #17620 at 3:31 am on Feb 6, 2010
I was trying to think how I might put it in the yard or if that would somehow work. How did he say to use it in the yard? I'm on a flat bacon kick now after the above post reminded me of it. So I have *lots* of grease.
I like the idea of freezing some -- never thought of that and other than opening a can, just to have a can to pour it in...not sure what to do with all of it.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 17620. Bacon grease; what do you do with yours? - MariaDNoCA - 8:46pm on 02/05/10 (18)
- Mine goes into a soup can covered with a snap on lid then stored in the freezer. Have similar cans - Steve2 in LA - 9:46pm on 02/05/10
- LOL! [NT] - LisainLA - 10:34pm on 02/05/10
- 3 gallons and counting. And don't knock duck fat Cap'n Crunch til you've tried it! [NT] - Joe - 4:58am on 02/06/10
- I strain mine into a clean empty coffe can, and keep it on the counter. I do toss it - LisainLA - 10:36pm on 02/05/10
- ~tosses up another 'e' for my coffee~ [NT] - LisainLA - 10:36pm on 02/05/10
- Ours goes into an empty coffee can that we keep under our sink with a tight fitting lid - KarenNoCA - 12:49am on 02/06/10
- Freezer for Cafe Beaujolais's potato homefries. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:32am on 02/06/10
- Alton Brown says you can put cooking oil in your yard because it's 100 percent biodegradable, unlike - MarilynFL - 12:33am on 02/06/10
- True confessions: I've been hanging around organic gardeners too long. I've started burying grease, - Joe - 4:32pm on 02/06/10
- Mar, can't open your AB post -- I think maybe the percent sign did something? - MariaDNoCA - 3:31am on 02/06/10
- Yes, it did. I took the per cent sign out of the "bad request" address and got a post. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:40am on 02/06/10
- Thanks Maria. I fixed it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:14pm on 02/06/10
- From the Alton Brown "Fry Hard I" episode, he says that he puts old - MarilynFL - 7:50pm on 02/06/10
- Home Fries - MarilynFL - 8:01pm on 02/06/10
- Yum - you've got me hungry for breakfast already... [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:49am on 02/07/10
- I was just talking to a woman today who uses hers in cole slaw. She - DawnNYS - 1:47am on 02/07/10
- I've done something similar, but hot. It's a Patricia Wells recipe. Coo salt pork or pancetta - Joe - 3:08am on 02/07/10
- bacon fat storage and use - joyce in upstate NY - 10:52pm on 02/13/10