Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
From the Alton Brown "Fry Hard I" episode, he says that he puts old
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #17620 at 2:50 pm on Feb 6, 2010
grease in a corner of his yard. No mention of mixing it with compost, etc.
The annotation comes from AB's book "Good Eats, The Early Years" and it includes recipes, commentaries and footnotes out the yin/yang.
I won this huge Good Eats book, 3 sets of Food Channel DVDs and a cloth grocery bag, all thanks to Traca for recommending this org "Share Our Strength". I made a donation to them and they picked my name to gift with these presents.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 17620. Bacon grease; what do you do with yours? - MariaDNoCA - 3:46pm on 02/05/10 (18)
- Mine goes into a soup can covered with a snap on lid then stored in the freezer. Have similar cans - Steve2 in LA - 4:46pm on 02/05/10
- LOL! [NT] - LisainLA - 5:34pm on 02/05/10
- 3 gallons and counting. And don't knock duck fat Cap'n Crunch til you've tried it! [NT] - Joe - 11:58pm on 02/05/10
- I strain mine into a clean empty coffe can, and keep it on the counter. I do toss it - LisainLA - 5:36pm on 02/05/10
- ~tosses up another 'e' for my coffee~ [NT] - LisainLA - 5:36pm on 02/05/10
- Ours goes into an empty coffee can that we keep under our sink with a tight fitting lid - KarenNoCA - 7:49pm on 02/05/10
- Freezer for Cafe Beaujolais's potato homefries. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:32pm on 02/05/10
- Alton Brown says you can put cooking oil in your yard because it's 100 percent biodegradable, unlike - MarilynFL - 7:33pm on 02/05/10
- True confessions: I've been hanging around organic gardeners too long. I've started burying grease, - Joe - 11:32am on 02/06/10
- Mar, can't open your AB post -- I think maybe the percent sign did something? - MariaDNoCA - 10:31pm on 02/05/10
- Yes, it did. I took the per cent sign out of the "bad request" address and got a post. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 11:40pm on 02/05/10
- Thanks Maria. I fixed it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:14pm on 02/06/10
- From the Alton Brown "Fry Hard I" episode, he says that he puts old - MarilynFL - 2:50pm on 02/06/10
- Home Fries - MarilynFL - 3:01pm on 02/06/10
- Yum - you've got me hungry for breakfast already... [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:49pm on 02/06/10
- I was just talking to a woman today who uses hers in cole slaw. She - DawnNYS - 8:47pm on 02/06/10
- I've done something similar, but hot. It's a Patricia Wells recipe. Coo salt pork or pancetta - Joe - 10:08pm on 02/06/10
- bacon fat storage and use - joyce in upstate NY - 5:52pm on 02/13/10