Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #17620 at 3:01 pm on Feb 6, 2010
1 pound of red-skin or Yukon potatoes
3 Tbl butter
2 Tbl bacon grease
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
The day before:
Boil potatoes until slightly soft when pierced with knife. Cool and refrigerate.
Heat fats in non-stick pan.
Saute onions until soft. Remove onions, but leave as much fat in pan as possible.
Dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes and cook for 10 minutes over med-low heat with a lid ON.
Uncover, stir around and add onions back in. Season and cook 5 minutes longer with a lid OFF.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 17620. Bacon grease; what do you do with yours? - MariaDNoCA - 3:46pm on 02/05/10 (18)
- Mine goes into a soup can covered with a snap on lid then stored in the freezer. Have similar cans - Steve2 in LA - 4:46pm on 02/05/10
- LOL! [NT] - LisainLA - 5:34pm on 02/05/10
- 3 gallons and counting. And don't knock duck fat Cap'n Crunch til you've tried it! [NT] - Joe - 11:58pm on 02/05/10
- I strain mine into a clean empty coffe can, and keep it on the counter. I do toss it - LisainLA - 5:36pm on 02/05/10
- ~tosses up another 'e' for my coffee~ [NT] - LisainLA - 5:36pm on 02/05/10
- Ours goes into an empty coffee can that we keep under our sink with a tight fitting lid - KarenNoCA - 7:49pm on 02/05/10
- Freezer for Cafe Beaujolais's potato homefries. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:32pm on 02/05/10
- Alton Brown says you can put cooking oil in your yard because it's 100 percent biodegradable, unlike - MarilynFL - 7:33pm on 02/05/10
- True confessions: I've been hanging around organic gardeners too long. I've started burying grease, - Joe - 11:32am on 02/06/10
- Mar, can't open your AB post -- I think maybe the percent sign did something? - MariaDNoCA - 10:31pm on 02/05/10
- Yes, it did. I took the per cent sign out of the "bad request" address and got a post. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 11:40pm on 02/05/10
- Thanks Maria. I fixed it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:14pm on 02/06/10
- From the Alton Brown "Fry Hard I" episode, he says that he puts old - MarilynFL - 2:50pm on 02/06/10
- Home Fries - MarilynFL - 3:01pm on 02/06/10
- Yum - you've got me hungry for breakfast already... [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:49pm on 02/06/10
- I was just talking to a woman today who uses hers in cole slaw. She - DawnNYS - 8:47pm on 02/06/10
- I've done something similar, but hot. It's a Patricia Wells recipe. Coo salt pork or pancetta - Joe - 10:08pm on 02/06/10
- bacon fat storage and use - joyce in upstate NY - 5:52pm on 02/13/10