Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Speaking from very little experience, I know Atlas is a pretty good one. And
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #17638 at 9:09 pm on Feb 6, 2010
I think I'd go for a hand-crank one until you see how often you use it. You can always add a motor, I think.
As for mine, I bought it at a consignment shop around Christmas time. I opened up the box when I got it home and found it didn't have a handle! THAT is one thing to be sure and get. Someday I'll get a repacement handle, but it will be 2x the price I paid for the pastamaker! :oO
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17638. Let's talk about pasta machines... - EvaN - 6:39pm on 02/06/10 (15)
- Eva, I have both the Atlas manual machine and the KitchenAid attachments. I use the attachments most - Joe - 7:06pm on 02/06/10
- Ditto...I love my Atlas but we use the KA attachement more often. - desertjean - 7:21pm on 02/06/10
- And Ditto here- I have both and usually use the Atlas. I don't have the motor. - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:27pm on 02/06/10
- I have a 30 yr old Atlas too -- with the motor, and I love it! Never thought to get the attachment - PatBastrop - 8:59pm on 02/06/10
- I had to give my Atlas awy to son when we remodeled our kitchen as it didn't - Luisa_Calif - 7:35pm on 02/06/10
- Curiosly, I've noticed in Italy that even if people have a KA or similar, they'll use a motorized - Shaun in TO - 8:04pm on 02/06/10
- Speaking from very little experience, I know Atlas is a pretty good one. And - DawnNYS - 9:09pm on 02/06/10
- Dawn, I have an extra handle for the Atlas. Send me a PM with your address. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 10:31pm on 02/06/10
- KA is nice, since it leaves you with two hands to hold the dough coming out of the machine.... - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:29am on 02/07/10
- You have" tow" s on your hands? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 5:15pm on 02/08/10
- ha ha ha!!! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 2:53am on 02/09/10
- I have an Atlas hand crank...not much work, I control the speed.... - Glennis_NoCA - 2:20pm on 02/07/10
- I've had my hand cranked Atlas for over forty years and love it. It's easy to use and to control. [NT] - aajay - 9:32am on 02/08/10