Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I love reading these every week. It's fun to see what other people are doing
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #17632 at 9:30 pm on Feb 6, 2010
in other parts of the world, from Joanie's balmy adventures on the yachts, to Ang's walks in the snowy woods with her dog. And blue elephant cakes with the grandkids - love that!
My Saturday/weekend six are comparibly pretty boring again this week:
1 - I only bought one very small plateful of mint iced brownies at the bake sale this a.m. (That's an great improvement for me!)
2 - Managed to find a few good buys on cookbooks (I need more of those like I need the mint brownies, but they were nice ones). I'll post what I bought when I have them in front of me - they're out in the cold, cold car right now.
3 - Brought home a Pizza Hut thin-crust pizza for dinner as I was pooped. First time I ever ordered a pizza online! Ugh though - like toppings on a Saltine cracker. Next time, pan pizza.
4 - DH bought a rotisserie chicken from our favorite grocery store. Plans for something with that for dinner tomorrow afternoon. Maybe chicken and dumplings (have one of Dawn_MO's earlier posts on the brain now).
5 - Thankful I'm not in D.C. or Maryland today! It's cold, but you don't have to shovel "cold". Nice night for a fire. Hope all that have power and are reading this in VA, MD, and PA are safe.
6 - Making cornbread and chili tomorrow for tomorrow night - traditional Superbowl-watching food. We are just having my cousin, her dh, and kids over - a small but cozy group. If I have time I'll make a corn/black bean dip that everyone seems to like (but for some reason I only make it around Superbowl time); probably also guacamole (the "good" fat that seems to lower my blood sugar). 'Seems I like the food and the commercials much better than the game!
Happy Sunday, everyone!
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17632. My weekend six - elaine - 1:29pm on 02/06/10 (17)
- I love your sofrito! My weekend six... - Heather_in_SF - 2:16pm on 02/06/10
- Not my sofrito but it is a great one. Glad you like it too. [NT] - elaine - 2:38pm on 02/06/10
- serene weekend - joanietoo - 5:49pm on 02/06/10
- turn that phone off joannie! [NT] - AngAk - 11:38pm on 02/07/10
- my six -- sigh -- - PatBastrop - 9:25pm on 02/06/10
- I love reading these every week. It's fun to see what other people are doing - DawnNYS - 9:30pm on 02/06/10
- My six... - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:19am on 02/07/10
- Wait a second... snowboarding? And Chinatown in HI? Did I wake up in "Lost"? Heheh [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:48am on 02/07/10
- Trip to Canada being planned for the snowboarding, and doesn't every city have it's own Chinatown? - Sandi in Hawaii - 11:01am on 02/07/10
- No Chinatown here, but it sounds fun - in fact, I've - DawnNYS - 12:36pm on 02/07/10
- Wow, I thought they were everywhere! - Sandi in Hawaii - 10:28pm on 02/07/10
- Weekend six - Dawn_MO - 1:25pm on 02/07/10
- Weekend Six: - Barbara in VA - 4:14pm on 02/07/10
- gosh, that'a a lot of snow for one storm. soak in a hot bath. bake some cookies. [NT] - AngAk - 11:56pm on 02/07/10
- Let's see, do I have Six? - Luisa_Calif - 7:42pm on 02/07/10
- So what did you decide to do with the lemon curd? [NT] - Meryl - 7:55pm on 02/07/10
- I was making it to freeze and use later. Now that I have all those good suggestions I will not - Luisa_Calif - 8:00pm on 02/07/10