Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
4 Ingredients Recipes
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
Posted to Thread #17643 at 11:23 pm on Feb 6, 2010
I'm thinking about adding some "4-ingredients" and "5-ingredients" recipes to my site. But I have a quandary. Having looked at many sites that offer these kind of recipes, it appears that in most cases there are WAY more than just 4 or 5 ingredients.
I thought maybe they just ignored salt, pepper, frying oil or butter, that kind of thing. But even accounting for that, there's more than the stated number of ingredients.
This puzzles me.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on what should be counted as an ingredient in such recipes :)
"Dining is and always was a great artistic opportunity." - Frank Lloyd Wright
Other messages in this thread:
- 17643. 4 Ingredients Recipes - vavroom - 11:23pm on 02/06/10 (15)
- I'm with you, Nic. I think a 4-ingredient recipe should only have 4 ingredients, - Joe - 10:28am on 02/07/10
- Four or Five should mean exactly that minus S&P, cooking oil if needed... - suz - 12:03pm on 02/07/10
- I would say that salt, pepper, water, no-stick spray or cooking oil - Dawn_MO - 12:58pm on 02/07/10
- Yup, agree.... salt, pepper, oil to fry are the only ones I wouldn't count as an ingredient. [NT] - cheezz - 8:53pm on 02/07/10
- I'd say minus salt and pepper and a common cooking fat such as oil or butter. Anything that's not - Shaun in TO - 1:00pm on 02/07/10
- Hmmm, right... - vavroom - 2:26am on 02/08/10
- Thank you for the feedback - vavroom - 2:27am on 02/08/10
- How about a category "Ten or Fewer Ingredients" ? I myself wouldn't really discriminate - Luisa_Calif - 5:09pm on 02/08/10
- I like this - vavroom - 7:30pm on 02/10/10
- I think simply - Steve2 in LA - 12:20am on 02/09/10
- :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 11:25am on 02/09/10
- That is hysterical. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 8:12pm on 02/09/10
- Steve, you and Marilyn make my sides hurt! So funny. And watcha gonna - orchid - 9:11pm on 02/09/10
- WhatAmIGonnaDoWithThat? - vavroom - 7:33pm on 02/10/10
- Yeah.... but NO!!! :) - vavroom - 7:31pm on 02/10/10