Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
I've learned that even when someone says they want your "honest" opinion, they really don't. I mean
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #17641 at 1:57 am on Feb 8, 2010
what do you think someone wants to hear when they say "do you think my butt looks fat in this?"
While in certain situations honesty might be the best policy, unless you've got something positive to say, most of the time, they actually DON'T want to hear it.
Try giving performance notes to actors on a couple hundred shows and you'll see what I mean. Sigh.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17641. How do I handle this??? A friend my DH works with gave - SusanKentfieldCa - 1:32am on 02/07/10 (29)
- How good a friend? [NT] - PatBastrop - 1:47am on 02/07/10
- Yeah, how good a friend... maybe you could say something like - DawnNYS - 1:56am on 02/07/10
- I agree with the second part of this. I wouldn't take kindly to how to make - Luisa_Calif - 2:40am on 02/07/10
- How about making YOUR recipe and sending it to her at work with your DH (with the recipe)? [NT] - cheezz - 2:22am on 02/07/10
- OR suggest that you "just discovered" this amazing new dessert recipe and send it to her? [NT] - cheezz - 2:25am on 02/07/10
- Since she asked for your input, tell her that you enjoyed hers, and send her your recipe - Joe - 3:18am on 02/07/10
- And is she asking as a friend or foodie? - MariaDNoCA - 3:31am on 02/07/10
- Tell her it's "wonderful: and when she serves it during the event, ask for seconds. Friends forever! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 8:03am on 02/07/10
- Steve, you're a really good guy! What a nice thing to do. [NT] - Barbara in VA - 12:46pm on 02/07/10
- Shhhhh! Steve doesn't like people to know he's a good guy. - Joe - 5:01pm on 02/07/10
- YOU BLEW MY COVER!!? (No more jam for you, my friend!) [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 1:45am on 02/08/10
- I'm sorry, Mean One. Please don't hit me again. Besides, it was Barbara! You're so cruel! - Joe - 3:28am on 02/08/10
- "Yes that's right! I AM Crew-well...and see that you don't forget it!" - Steve2 in LA - 9:30am on 02/15/10
- I'm glad I was able to help uphold your reputation. [NT] - Joe - 4:57pm on 02/15/10
- Exactly!! [NT] - PatBastrop - 4:26pm on 02/07/10
- Wonderful advice! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:45pm on 02/07/10
- Perfect! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:06pm on 02/07/10
- So very gracious. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:42pm on 02/07/10
- Professionally, I'm referred to as "The Minister of Clear Thinking". Tell no one! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 1:41am on 02/08/10
- I loved your response. Class act. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 3:22am on 02/08/10
- DH has "meals" at business meetings? Lucky, I think we had quarter-sandwiches once at my old job! [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:47pm on 02/07/10
- Thanks everyone! I liked Steve's idea the best, but - SusanKentfieldCa - 11:43pm on 02/07/10
- Good idea... if she asks. I'd always rather someone told me honestly - I put a lot of effort - cheezz - 1:48am on 02/08/10
- I've learned that even when someone says they want your "honest" opinion, they really don't. I mean - Steve2 in LA - 1:57am on 02/08/10
- I guess I'm an enigma - I just want people to truly enjoy what I make and there's almost always - cheezz - 2:03am on 02/08/10
- No, you're not alone... I would appreciate it if someone saud something like - DawnNYS - 3:28am on 02/08/10
- Try being an editor. Double sigh... [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:19am on 02/09/10
- I'm thinking if she gave you a sample & asked for feedback, maybe she was unsure? I'd rather my - Traca - 3:03am on 02/09/10
- I bow to Steve2 - Earnie - 4:39am on 02/10/10