Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Ukranian Savoury Biscotti -- Olga posted this and I made it for my Christmas baskets....
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #17657 at 11:53 pm on Feb 8, 2010
It was really good!
Ukranian Savoury Biscotti
These are addictive! Serve with soup or make them smaller and serve with a glass of wine.
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
4 cups grated Italian cheese (fontina, mozzarella, asiago, provolone)
1/2 cup sunflower seed
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
Add the eggs and mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cayenne, pepper, rosemary, cheese, and both seeds. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing just enough to combine.
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, shape into two 3”-by-16" rectangles, about 1" thick, leaving about 4” between rectangles.
Bake in a preheated 275 F. oven for 45 minutes until firm and golden.
Remove from oven. Turn oven up to 300 deg. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes, and then cut diagonally at 1" intervals using a serrated knife. Carefully transfer them using the flat side of the knife, back to the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17657. ISO T&T savory biscotti or other. Daughter in law is opening a boutique on Friday and I ... - elaine - 4:31pm on 02/08/10 (16)
- I posted a recipe for a delicious saffron chocolate biscotti a couple of weeks ago. - EvaN - 5:40pm on 02/08/10
- I really like these REC: Spicy Cheese Shortbread - Mimi - 6:51pm on 02/08/10
- These look so easy. Thanks for sharing this, Mimi! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 7:36pm on 02/08/10
- Savoury Mediterranean Biscotti - I made this one with a few minor tweaks - very good. [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:41pm on 02/08/10
- I tried soe savory ones that I was not thrilled with. I will have to try these instead next time. - Luisa_Calif - 12:37am on 02/09/10
- these pinwheels are not too messy and can be served at room temp too. [LINK] - AngAk - 10:27pm on 02/08/10
- REC: Ukranian Savoury Biscotti -- Olga posted this and I made it for my Christmas baskets.... - cheezz - 11:53pm on 02/08/10
- REC: Tapanada Twists -- haven't made this, but Dawn just posted and it looks yummy! [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 11:55pm on 02/08/10
- And try these too! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:37am on 02/09/10
- This one sounds good: Parmesan Black-Pepper Biscotti [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 1:33am on 02/09/10
- Thanks all, As usual you are all great. Let you know what I do. [NT] - elaine - 4:56am on 02/09/10
- Congrats to your DIL! What is the timing of the opening event? I went to something similiar - barb_b - 1:19pm on 02/09/10
- It's a clothing boutique and not so large. Event is Fri. morning so the - elaine - 5:28pm on 02/09/10
- Mazel Tov to your daughter-in-law - how exciting! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:58pm on 02/09/10