Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just went and looked at some of the posts in T&T and there aren't that many
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #17665 at 9:31 am on Feb 9, 2010
that are linked. Early on, there was no way to link them to FK because there weren't a lot of archives.
I am going to look through the recipes that I linked and make sure the links are working. If they aren't I will post the recipe and correct the link. If everyone who posted in T&T would do the same thing it would make Mimi's job a lot easier.
The great threads are the rough ones because there were so many posts which was why it made them a great thread. Maybe we should just try and start new great threads here? We are able to see the original posts, just not open them up. We may not get all of the recipes back but we will get a lot of them. And maybe now when we post recipes in T&T we should put the actual recipe in it rather than link it with swap.
What do you think?
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. –Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 17665. Is it just me, or are the links in 'Great Threads' broken?? Any link I click on takes me to - cheezz - 12:44am on 02/09/10 (21)
- a couple broken links under 'Cakes' too (at least a couple near the bottom) [NT] - cheezz - 12:50am on 02/09/10
- The broken ones are those that link back to FinerKitchens. The working ones link to offsite pages. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:11am on 02/09/10
- Right, as FinerKitchens.com is now pretty much gone, any links to FinerKitchens.com don't work... - Mimi - 8:05am on 02/09/10
- BTW, I realize how badly this sucks. I will try to fix it...gimme a few days... [NT] - Mimi - 8:38am on 02/09/10
- That sounds like a lot of work, Mimi. There are probably hundreds, if not a couple... - Michael in Phoenix - 8:43am on 02/09/10
- I just went and looked at some of the posts in T&T and there aren't that many - Dawn_MO - 9:31am on 02/09/10
- I meant the links in the regular archives, not T&T. I wonder if they still work? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 12:11pm on 02/09/10
- Most I tried do, if they don't, it may be a problem with the linked site. I even got one FK link - Curious1 - 3:45pm on 02/09/10
- Yeah, I tried a few links as well. The ones linked to other FK pages all worked. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:53pm on 02/09/10
- FIXED! But don't thank me...Paul did it. :o) - Mimi - 5:12pm on 02/09/10
- Yeah, THANKS PAUL!!! You're the man :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:33pm on 02/09/10
- Thank you Paul! I know how much time cheezz had put into saving all of these posts - Dawn_MO - 1:17am on 02/10/10
- aw, what else do I have to do with my time? *g* [NT] - cheezz - 2:00am on 02/10/10
- Please lbe sure to et us know if we can help you in anyway in all you do. :-) - MariaDNoCA - 4:20pm on 02/09/10
- Apparently I wrote that in pig latin, but you know what I mean. :-) [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:12pm on 02/09/10
- When I do a search on the site, results don't go back past November. Am I the only one? [NT] - Curious1 - 10:31am on 02/09/10
- I just tested 'search' by putting in the word 'pork' it went back to 2005 but - suz - 11:16am on 02/09/10
- Thank you suz, I didn't think to check that! [NT] - Curious1 - 11:58am on 02/09/10
- I noticed that too. "All" used to be the default setting, and now it's "90 days." - Joe - 12:05pm on 02/09/10
- Changed back to "all" sorry about that. [NT] - Mimi - 5:14pm on 02/09/10
- I guess it always pays to actually cut/paste the message in and not rely on links :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:04pm on 02/09/10