Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
You may need to check your cookie settings as Mimi explains here (see link)
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #17673 at 8:30 am on Feb 10, 2010
After I set my login this site is working just like the FK site did for me. The header/ads make for a bit of scrolling but if you use the page up/down, arrow, and end keys it should help.
NFRC/FYI: if scrolling is an actual pain issue (said the girl who starts PT tomorrow) just thought I'd share a couple of nifty items my ergo dept at work gave me that I really like.
1) a Rollermouse; this a tray that sits under a keyboard replacing your mouse
2) Xkeys; additional external keys that you program to do whatever you want. I like it b/c I can have up/down/end keys on my left side too (if I place the keys to my left side -- they can go anywhere). I can also program text/links/actions/whatever into a key so things I might type often I can plug into any doc or email by pushing one button - love that.
I've used the rollermouse for years and the xkeys for about 6-7 months. Love them both. I haven't used a mouse in years.
...Just thought I'd share in case it might be of interest to anyone. Really wish I knew about the xkeys earlier.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 17673. Everyone else seems to be happy, but I am NOT . . . - magnoliainchicago - 2:28am on 02/10/10 (31)
- I don't have any of those problems. It works just like the old forum on FK. I log in once and it.. - Michael in Phoenix - 2:37am on 02/10/10
- You do have to click that little box on the login window that says "remember me"... AND - cheezz - 2:43am on 02/10/10
- 'End' button new to me. Learn something new everyday! - suz - 3:55pm on 02/10/10
- I don't understand all the things on the bottom.... all my links for login, etc. are at the very top - cheezz - 2:39am on 02/10/10
- Ah! and now I see Mimi has put lots of other links in the header! I like that! - cheezz - 2:41am on 02/10/10
- I was not sure... - Mimi - 2:47am on 02/10/10
- I think it's fine the way you have it - the Larder Barter link - DawnNYS - 2:06pm on 02/10/10
- Sorry you're unhappy Magnolia. But you don't have to log in to read the posts. - Mimi - 2:40am on 02/10/10
- Once you log on and check "remember me" click "Eat.at Recipe Swap" at that point SAVE as >>> - Michael in Sarasota - 3:20am on 02/10/10
- That's why I hate to make souffles! I hear what magnolia is saying. - orchid - 3:39am on 02/10/10
- You all that are complaining that you must scroll down. . . - mistral - 4:36am on 02/10/10
- You have to do what MIchael says - forget the old swap in your favs.actually delete it.. - elaine - 5:35am on 02/10/10
- You may need to check your cookie settings as Mimi explains here (see link) [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 8:30am on 02/10/10
- Getcha Michael, Thanks. I, too, was hitting my old bookmark and then wondering why I only - aajay - 8:19pm on 02/10/10
- Get over it! - Earnie - 5:11am on 02/10/10
- As someone who used to check Epi while at work, I see her frustration though. But the more - DawnNYS - 1:51pm on 02/10/10
- That's just so . . . "Moonstruck" of you Earnie. I knew I was missing you! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 7:42pm on 02/10/10
- That's where it's from!!!!! Thanks, Steve. - Michael in Sarasota - 8:16pm on 02/10/10
- Hi Magnolia! For what it's worth, here are my suggestions - DawnNYS - 1:29pm on 02/10/10
- Dawn, That was a very thought out, detailed response. I too, want to make it work for Magnolia. I - barb_b - 2:29pm on 02/10/10
- Hi Folks and MIMI!!!!! thank you for all this...I am lurking lots these days and. not happy 'bout... - joanietoo - 3:13pm on 02/10/10
- Lol - the one of that heavy woman in a bikini makes me want to skip over the desserts here ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:28pm on 02/10/10
- Something that gave more space at top was hit the F 11 key to hide the top menus bar. If you need to - Luisa_Calif - 5:12pm on 02/10/10
- I don't have these problems either. I click on "Recipe Swap" now and I am still logged in. this - AngAk - 7:07pm on 02/10/10
- I have to log in every time in spite of checking the remember me box [NT] - Janet in NC - 11:26pm on 02/10/10
- Sounds like you have cookies disabled. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:12am on 02/11/10
- nope [NT] - Janet in NC - 3:34am on 02/11/10
- Janet, would you be willing to help me out by giving me a detailed explanation of what is happening? - Mimi - 11:28am on 02/11/10
- sorry, yes, I am clicking on my old finerkitchens tab [NT] - Janet in NC - 2:51am on 02/12/10
- Okay, so is everything all worked out now? [NT] - Mimi - 10:06pm on 02/12/10
- Magnolia, why don't you bookmark the log in page? One stop.... [NT] - Traca - 4:33am on 02/11/10