Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Your input/opinion regarding posting Cooks Illustrated recipes
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #17676 at 1:12 pm on Feb 10, 2010
If I remember correctly some members have mentioned that Cooks Illustrated does not take kindly to having their recipes posted. And I'm wondering how seriously this needs to be taken?
My understanding is that recipes can't be copyrighted (although I could be very wrong here:).
My question arises because I was thinking of posting on my blog a recipe from Cooks Illustrated with, of course, crediting CI as the source. But am I going to be 'in trouble' doing so? My goal is to share great recipes. But not if I'm causing trouble by doing so.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17676. Your input/opinion regarding posting Cooks Illustrated recipes - deb-in-MI - 1:12pm on 02/10/10 (10)
- As I recall Deb, - Dawn_MO - 1:20pm on 02/10/10
- Here's the link to an earlier posting on exactly this topic >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 5:30pm on 02/10/10
- Thank you! This takes care of it for me! - deb-in-MI - 6:14pm on 02/10/10
- Having dabbled, somewhat, into recipe creation, the rule of thumb seems to be you can't claim > - Steve2 in LA - 8:05pm on 02/10/10
- Thanks Steve 2! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:20pm on 02/10/10
- heehee.... Steve, I love the tag line in your posts :) [NT] - cheezz - 2:47am on 02/11/10
- Food Bloggers are Abuzz About The Right to Post a Potato Salad Recipe [NT] [LINK] - rosie - 2:08pm on 02/11/10
- None of the links to Alosha's kitchen work; the ones about the Cook's illus. thing. (nt_ [NT] - mistral - 6:35pm on 02/11/10
- Wow! I agree with one of the blogger's reply that she could have not even - DawnNYS - 3:08am on 02/12/10
- I think they've mellowed. When I received some test recipes, there was a note on - Curious1 - 3:47pm on 02/11/10