Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Meyer Lemon Marmalade: It jelled fine but the flavor was still just as bitter, if not worse.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #17703 at 6:40 pm on Feb 12, 2010
Also I didn't think it tasted sweet enough. I did use 4 cups sugar to 4 cups peel/pulp boiled down with 1 quart water. It made 5 half pints.
I didn't like it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17703. Meyer Lemon Marmalade: It jelled fine but the flavor was still just as bitter, if not worse. - Luisa_Calif - 6:40pm on 02/12/10 (23)
- Interesting... I wonder what accounted for the bitterness and how it could be 'fixed' [NT] - cheezz - 7:12pm on 02/12/10
- I don't know anymore and am discouraged. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 7:25pm on 02/12/10
- Luisa, I'm so sorry that your Meyer Lemon Marmalade recipe disappointed you. I made this wonderful [LINK] - Marianne - 9:17pm on 02/12/10
- PS, my lemons were from my own little trees, and they were very ripe. I live in south Alabama, and - Marianne - 9:27pm on 02/12/10
- Yes they are ripe. Some new blooms are coming out. Last year I - Luisa_Calif - 9:33pm on 02/12/10
- This is really a mystery to me. I can't figure out what made the difference between yours and mine? [NT] - Marianne - 9:45pm on 02/12/10
- Maybe I used too many lemons? Do you weigh yours? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 10:12pm on 02/12/10
- Yes, I weighed my lemons, to equal 1 1/2 lbs, as I wasn't sure if mine were too big or too small [NT] - Marianne - 10:55am on 02/13/10
- Last year I weighed them as the sizes were variable. This year I did but - Luisa_Calif - 12:59pm on 02/13/10
- Don't the flowers smell heavenly? I just sit by mine and surround myself with the perfume. [NT] - Marianne - 11:03am on 02/13/10
- Kumquat flowers take the top, my fave. But lemon and orange are right up there! Smells like Spring! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:54pm on 02/13/10
- Oh, but you all are cruel!! [NT] - AngAk - 10:11pm on 02/16/10
- This recipe from Simply Recipes says the proportion should be 1:1:1 [LINK] - cheezz - 11:31pm on 02/12/10
- Dare I try again? I just picked 30 more lemons..... [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:55pm on 02/13/10
- nahhh, just send some to Shaun. ;o) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:29pm on 02/13/10
- just kidding of course. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:40pm on 02/13/10
- I don't want them anyway. They're bad for your heart. My neighbour read it somewhere. [NT] - Shaun in TO - 10:00am on 02/14/10
- you crack me up! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:28pm on 02/15/10
- my tree - whinecountry - 2:05pm on 02/16/10
- Don't give up on you Meyers tree, it can take more than several years to get established. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:55pm on 02/16/10
- Yes, it can take a few years.... and don't overwater!!! Let the roots go deep or they will be sour [NT] - cheezz - 10:39pm on 02/16/10
- Preserved Meyer lemon slices. [NT] [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 5:17pm on 02/18/10
- These did look interesting. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 9:48pm on 02/18/10