Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We just finished The Help; read Potato Peel Society last month.
Joined: Mar 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #17691 at 9:54 pm on Feb 12, 2010
I enjoyed The Help -- for a first novel, she did a great job crafting the characters and weaving the story. We all loved the Potato Peel Society, and the novelty of its' style. Next month we are reading Pat Conroy's South of Broad -- I tried to suggest that the group read The Great Santini, as Broad has gotten some rocky reviews and Costco didn't reorder it after its' first quantity was exhausted. Most of the ladies had already bought the book, however. Also on our list is The Dive from Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Garden of Last Days, and the Elegance of the Hedgehog. For a classic, this year we read East of Eden by Steinbeck.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17691. NreallyFRC: Anyone read 3 Cups of Tea? Greg's Mom Jerene is coming to our bookclub Fri nite. Cool! [NT] - AngAk - 8:03pm on 02/11/10 (15)
- My book club read it last year! [NT] - Earnie - 9:11pm on 02/11/10
- It's on my reading list... let me know what you think of it... loved the cover picture [NT] - cheezz - 1:38am on 02/12/10
- We've read it! Anyone care to share their latest bookclub reads? - deb-in-MI - 6:04am on 02/12/10
- Last month we read the next one, Stones to Schools and in some ways it was even better - Barbara in VA - 8:51am on 02/12/10
- I wanna come to your book club! Enjoy! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 8:51am on 02/12/10
- I just joined a book cub that has been going for 10 years. so far I've read: - Luisa_Calif - 11:53am on 02/12/10
- Short List - Earnie - 12:25pm on 02/12/10
- and what did you two ladies think of the books you've read - any real standouts? [NT] - cheezz - 1:21pm on 02/12/10
- I loved - deb-in-MI - 2:29pm on 02/12/10
- Of those - Earnie - 4:16pm on 02/13/10
- I liked all of them but my least favorite was the Witch one. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 1:24pm on 02/12/10
- The Help is my choice for May. the Guernsey book is our June book. [NT] - AngAk - 1:27pm on 02/12/10
- He's coming to our campus in April..... - SallyBR - 3:31pm on 02/12/10
- We just finished The Help; read Potato Peel Society last month. - PatBastrop - 9:54pm on 02/12/10
- we had a wonderful evening with Mrs Mortensen---such a treat. she is in Alaska for a year - AngAk - 10:02pm on 02/16/10