Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
And these Frozen Orange Cups which CathyZ shared a while back are even easier....
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #283 at 11:53 pm on Dec 30, 2005
FROZEN ORANGE CUPS (serves 4)
Very easy, and always beautiful! I serve them with
delicate mint cookies on the side.
1 pint Haagen-Daz Vanilla Ice Cream with
fresh mint sprigs
Slice 1/4” off the top of each orange and put
aside. Scoop out pulp and save for other use.
Wet outside of orange shell and roll in sugar to
coat. Put on plate. Do orange tops as well.
Scoop sherbet/ice cream into shells and freeze.
Serve on a plate, garnished with fresh mint. Prop
the orange top against the shell.
Note: I usually freeze the sugared shells long
before dinner and scoop the sherbet/ ice cream in
just before serving or just before I serve dinner.
Other messages in this thread:
- 283. ISO a dessert for FOUR (could be individual servings) for NYE - Luisa_Calif - 9:52pm on 12/30/05 (22)
- Hi Luisa, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for >>> - Meryl - 10:12pm on 12/30/05
- Meryl, I thought I had a link to recipes you had posted on line, but can't find it>> - Curious1 - 10:15pm on 12/30/05
- Curious, I dismantled the site a few months ago, but if there are any recipes>>> - Meryl - 10:33pm on 12/30/05
- I have lots of both vanilla & almond. so you recommend the vanilla instead? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 11:23pm on 12/30/05
- I only recommended the vanilla, because your friend has a nut allergy! [NT] - Meryl - 12:22am on 12/31/05
- Okay, I see now. Not a nut allergy but nuts irritate her intestines - Luisa_Calif - 2:46am on 12/31/05
- Thanks Meryl, nothing in particular, just remembered your link to it from the old swap. nt [NT] - Curious1 - 6:26am on 12/31/05
- Rec: Meyer-Lemon Pudding Cake - Pat-NoCal - 10:56pm on 12/30/05
- Both these sound good. I will have to go get the Meyers from - Luisa_Calif - 11:08pm on 12/30/05
- Luisa, the recipe I posted uses almond extract, so you'll probably need to use vanilla instead. [NT] - Meryl - 11:14pm on 12/30/05
- Not to make your decision any harder but here's another idea....Lemon Sorbet in Lemon Shells [LINK] [IMAGE] - Pat-NoCal - 11:44pm on 12/30/05
- And these Frozen Orange Cups which CathyZ shared a while back are even easier.... - Pat-NoCal - 11:53pm on 12/30/05
- I love these, and everyone I serve them to does, too! [NT] - LisainLA - 7:11am on 12/31/05
- Pat, Thanks for posting CathyZ's rec! These sound like fun! I have tried them at Trader Joes; (m) - barb_b - 4:53pm on 12/31/05
- Or to satisfy the chocoholics what about this Chocolate Fondue...so easy and the diet doesn't.... - Pat-NoCal - 12:07am on 12/31/05
- How about a gooey [NT] - GayleMO - 12:45am on 12/31/05
- OOPS! Baked Fudge is simple yet satisfying dessert over ice cream... - GayleMO - 12:53am on 12/31/05
- How about Molten chocolate cake. - Dahia - 1:01am on 12/31/05
- More temptations! How will I decide? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:51am on 12/31/05
- Make them all, invite all of us, and have a giant party!!! [NT] - Meryl - 3:09am on 12/31/05
- I made TWO desserts, but made the portions SMALL. - Luisa_Calif - 1:24am on 01/02/06
- Glad they both were successes! [NT] - Meryl - 7:33pm on 01/02/06