Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh I have one for you from today: Guess who doesn't take their OWN gift cards? Safeway that's who.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24593 at 8:30 am on Jul 2, 2013
Friend gave me some gift cards for Safeway so I could get groceries because they are the only one that delivers. However, they don't accept them for use with their online delivery service.
Oh and I called the "Safeway offers its customers with disabilities an equal opportunity to use Safeway's services" number and yeah...no. And when I asked if I could have someone take them to the store so I could exchange it for something I could use...yeah, no. $%^&!
Tomorrow I call the TV consumer guy, because seriously, what company doesn't take it's own gift card?
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 24593. What's wrong with people?! I just went back to the store where I bought an - DawnNYS - 9:39pm on 06/30/13 (31)
- That's unacceptable. The manager should have given you a FREE one along with your money back - Meryl - 9:57pm on 06/30/13
- Ditto! His behavior was unacceptable, I'd go to *his* manager or store rep. Sheesh! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:04am on 07/01/13
- Maria is so right. Go above him to yank his chain... - Richard in Cincy - 2:29pm on 07/01/13
- Another vote for going above him. The training there is all wrong. How a business handles mistakes - Joe - 3:50pm on 07/01/13
- A restaurant that we had patronized for almost 20 years since their opening.... - Music City Missy - 10:38pm on 06/30/13
- TODAY, this happened: A brand new Culver's opened here in Phoenix, so we... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:14am on 07/01/13
- Go back another time ;) - colleenmomof2 - 2:25am on 07/02/13
- Oh, yeah! We love Culver's - colleenmomof2 - 2:35am on 07/02/13
- that lemon ice thing sounds like a perfect happy hour drink---with additions! [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:52pm on 07/02/13
- A new Farm Boy (an Ontario chain store which sells only food proucts) opened close to us. - Sylvia - 12:04pm on 07/01/13
- ...but...but...you're in CANADA! Everyone is nice there. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:12pm on 07/01/13
- Dawn, I totally agree with the others, go over his head. That behavior is just unacceptable!! - Barbara in VA - 4:27pm on 07/01/13
- Barbara, you've been missed---busy June? [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:23pm on 07/01/13
- it's like you were in the Twilight Zone---they were so fixated on the date that they didn't get - AngAk1 - 6:19pm on 07/01/13
- I'll play. When we went out to brunch yesterday, the waitress gave us the menus, - ErininNY - 8:19pm on 07/01/13
- I'll play too. Cayuga Lakes Creamery. DH orders and pays for SF vanilla in waffle cone - AngAk1 - 9:29pm on 07/01/13
- It's the "clueless" part that gets me. Geesh, they are paid to do a job! You should've gone to - DawnNYS - 7:25pm on 07/03/13
- Oops, it's the same place that you went to! At the lake at Long Pier ice cream stand? [NT] [LINK] - DawnNYS - 7:30pm on 07/03/13
- Is it not the liquor law? If they aren't allowed to serve before a certain time - Melissa Dallas - 11:17pm on 07/01/13
- No, the Blue Law for NY was abolished in 2006. [NT] - ErininNY - 11:49pm on 07/01/13
- Even if it was the policy, why would she announce it when she only had to stall 5 minutes? - Joe - 1:07am on 07/02/13
- Just wanted to add, this is something WF's always gets right... - MariaDNoCA - 8:52pm on 07/01/13
- But they don't EVER respond to email feedback. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 11:18pm on 07/01/13
- Oh I have one for you from today: Guess who doesn't take their OWN gift cards? Safeway that's who. - MariaDNoCA - 8:30am on 07/02/13
- Outrageous! [NT] - Joe - 3:26pm on 07/02/13
- Sometimes I wonder what the criteria are for working in upper management - - LisainLA - 11:13pm on 07/02/13
- Thanks for the responses. I guess it's pretty common these days. Happens to me about 2-3x a week! [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:37pm on 07/03/13
- Customer service is almost a thing of the past. I find Yelping about it helps :) [NT] - cheezz - 10:42pm on 07/04/13
- Recent article in our local paper about on line reviews and how they are usually - Curious1 - 6:19pm on 07/05/13
- It does even out, though. You have all your friends and family posting raves - cheezz - 6:35pm on 07/05/13
- Good point about evening out. We had contractors here offer a discount for a review on Angie's List - Curious1 - 7:18pm on 07/05/13