Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Glad you are OK. Perhaps you should invest in a weather radio. I bought one several years ago,
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #26422 at 2:25 pm on Jul 28, 2014
( 30 bucks), and programmed it for my county, so I only get warnings for my area. I keep it on my night table. In SW Alabama, storms coming through in the middle of the night terrify me, and this has alerted me several times to "be weather-aware". When bad storms hit, we lose power, so we have no TV warnings to watch, but the radio has a battery.
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 26422. Marilyn, hope all's well. just saw on newscast that your town may have had a tornado? [NT] - Curious1 - 12:29am on 07/28/14 (10)
- Thanks, C...we're fine. It hit about a mile west of our home...planes were - MarilynFL - 11:42am on 07/28/14
- Oh my goodness Marilyn. I didn't know anything about it either - orchid - 12:57pm on 07/28/14
- We have a saying in Oklahoma, "be weather-aware". Glad you are OK. [NT] - cyalexa2 - 1:01pm on 07/28/14
- That sounds like a stunt I would pull....am glad the recent big wind missed you. [NT] - wigs - 12:59pm on 07/28/14
- I'm glad you're okay. Think of the stress you avoided by not knowing about it. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:52pm on 07/28/14
- Glad you are OK. Perhaps you should invest in a weather radio. I bought one several years ago, - Marianne - 2:25pm on 07/28/14
- Very smart Marrianne [NT] - orchid - 4:59pm on 07/28/14
- Thankful that you are okay. [NT] - elaine - 6:19pm on 07/28/14
- Thanks all for your concern. Deceased neighbor Bachelor Bob was our "weather alert". He had FOUR - MarilynFL - 11:31am on 07/29/14
- Good for you! I got my weather radio at Walgreen's. Be sure to get the info to program it for your - Marianne - 3:57pm on 07/29/14