Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
For our Hawaiian friends or anyone...I would like a killer Hawaiian Coleslaw
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #29605 at 9:42 pm on May 1, 2017
recipe to go with pulled Hawaiian chicken sandwiches.. I am going to use Pat's Cilantro Coconut Rice as a side. Having our second son and family over the weekend and wanted to do something different. I watched the Kids BBQ Championship today and they had a luau episode and it gave me the idea. One of the kids make a Hawaiian Coleslaw, her name was Josie, which the judges raved over...but I cannot locate the recipe. Maybe they do not post them?
Is there a fun drink I can serve with dinner...easy one?
Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
I have a 14 year old granddaughter who is vegetarian, but I think if I serve her the grilled Hawaiian buns with butter, the coleslaw, and rice, she will get enough to eat. Thinking I might serve fresh grilled pineapple with brown sugar sprinkled over the top, as well.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29605. For our Hawaiian friends or anyone...I would like a killer Hawaiian Coleslaw - KarenNoCA - 9:42pm on 05/01/17 (9)
- I have never run into a "Hawaiian Coleslaw" Karen. They eat coleslaw here of course...... - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:12am on 05/02/17
- If you Google Hawaiian Coleslaw, there are tons of recipes for it. - KarenNoCA - 1:50pm on 05/02/17
- I remember reading in CI that "Congo Bars", which are simply butterscotch brownies with... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:51pm on 05/02/17
- Congo Bars! Oh my, talk about memories. I was in high school and in a play - KarenNoCA - 3:03pm on 05/02/17
- I make them at Christmas every year. I'll post the recipe. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:34pm on 05/02/17
- REC: Congo Bars - Michael in Phoenix - 5:36pm on 05/02/17
- If you're looking for something exotic, tropical and delicious: Gen. Sri Wasano's Indonesian Salad [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 10:28pm on 05/02/17
- Wow, and can be served chilled...just what I was looking for. Thanks! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 10:55pm on 05/02/17
- Whoops, just looked over the originl post and realized I left out... - Richard in Cincy - 12:35am on 05/03/17