Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Fritillaria imperialis 'Crown Imperial'
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29603 at 5:54 pm on May 1, 2017
They are a natural rodent/mole repellent. They smell like skunk. Notice the huge barren swath in my spring bulb garden where they are located. Moles ate all of the bulbs in there last winter. Notice they didn't cross the Crown Imperial death zone to get to the juicy tidbits on the other side. They naturalize in many parts of the country.
I buy my bulbs from Vanengelen.com A direct Dutch exporter. Best value: lowest prices I can find with superior large bulbs. If they aren't happy with a crop (undersized, etc.) they will not ship it to you.
Other messages in this thread:
- Oh how beautiful. Such colors and your whole yard is alive. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:13pm on 05/01/17
- umm, Richard...I think you goofed. You appear to have pasted the link to Burpee's Seed Catalog. - MarilynFL - 12:21pm on 05/01/17
- Beautiful flowers--- And he can grow loaves of bread too! :-) ....(nt) [NT] - mistral - 1:30pm on 05/01/17
- ~smile~ Incredible Richard! [NT] - orchid - 1:37pm on 05/01/17
- The yards did bloom away this year, with all the winter water, things came up - KarenNoCA - 1:40pm on 05/01/17
- Yes with all this water some pink petunias popped up that mom planted when I was a kid. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:31pm on 05/01/17
- Just beautiful! I've seen the tall orange pod like blooms in the Pacific Northwest. Can you tell me - CynUpstateNY - 3:34pm on 05/01/17
- Fritillaria imperialis 'Crown Imperial' - Richard in Cincy - 5:54pm on 05/01/17
- Those flowers are just crazy awesome! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 6:44pm on 05/01/17
- Yes those ones are extra special, but the whole garden is beautiful. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:29pm on 05/01/17
- Really interesting...thanks. Now if only there was a flower to repel mule deer! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:37pm on 05/02/17
- Wow! So pretty! [NT] - barb_b - 6:55pm on 05/01/17
- Richard, what are the trees below the trellis overhead, pink, one upright and one weeping? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 9:55am on 05/02/17
- Those are redbuds. I don't think you have those out west... - Richard in Cincy - 4:45pm on 05/03/17
- Redbud jelly - Music City Missy - 12:10am on 05/18/17
- Richard, this is what we're seeing, too! - colleenmomof2 - 9:01am on 05/05/17