Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
If you Google Hawaiian Coleslaw, there are tons of recipes for it.
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #29605 at 1:50 pm on May 2, 2017
Many have just what you mentioned, plus mango, pineapple, purple cabbage and green most with mayo, many without. Since I have never made a coleslaw with tropical fruits, I thought someone might have a tried and true they loved. All good ingredients so I think it will be great no matter which one I decide to try.
I think you are right about the ubiquitous ingredient. Yesterday, as I was watching the Kids Championships in the Luau episode, all six of them chose pineapple to do something with,, even though they provided a wide array of tropical fruits. The judges threw the kids a curve and told them they had to get more creative with the other fruits, as well. One of the best young chefs, settled on Star Fruit which he grilled.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29605. For our Hawaiian friends or anyone...I would like a killer Hawaiian Coleslaw - KarenNoCA - 9:42pm on 05/01/17 (9)
- I have never run into a "Hawaiian Coleslaw" Karen. They eat coleslaw here of course...... - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:12am on 05/02/17
- If you Google Hawaiian Coleslaw, there are tons of recipes for it. - KarenNoCA - 1:50pm on 05/02/17
- I remember reading in CI that "Congo Bars", which are simply butterscotch brownies with... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:51pm on 05/02/17
- Congo Bars! Oh my, talk about memories. I was in high school and in a play - KarenNoCA - 3:03pm on 05/02/17
- I make them at Christmas every year. I'll post the recipe. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:34pm on 05/02/17
- REC: Congo Bars - Michael in Phoenix - 5:36pm on 05/02/17
- If you're looking for something exotic, tropical and delicious: Gen. Sri Wasano's Indonesian Salad [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 10:28pm on 05/02/17
- Wow, and can be served chilled...just what I was looking for. Thanks! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 10:55pm on 05/02/17
- Whoops, just looked over the originl post and realized I left out... - Richard in Cincy - 12:35am on 05/03/17