Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Avocado Toast Ideas? It's time for the Spring Garden Tour again! We were promised a case of avocados
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29607 at 2:44 am on May 3, 2017
I blindly added "Avocado Toasts (v)" to the menu. The (v) is for vegan--always a challenge.
I probably should have just promised guacamole and chips but I want to be a bit upscale. We have a charcoal grill for the bread at the garden and that's about it.
Any ideas? Martha Stuart suggests simply topping crostini with avocado, lemon juice and tomatoes. Not bad, and it will be my default. I often make a salad with avocados, oranges and pine nuts in a walnut oil/orange dressing. Perhaps I could top the avocado toast with orange zest, walnut oil and pine nuts?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29607. Avocado Toast Ideas? It's time for the Spring Garden Tour again! We were promised a case of avocados - Joe - 2:44am on 05/03/17 (14)
- And here is the menu for our tour. It is a bus trip through four community gardens with food, music - Joe - 2:46am on 05/03/17
- GORGEOUS menu, Joe. Really wonderful. Here is an idea for Avocado Toast: - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:43pm on 05/03/17
- Lovely! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:23pm on 05/03/17
- Joe, the menu sounds amazing! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:42pm on 05/04/17
- Smashed Peas, Avocado & Asparagus Open-faced Slab. - MarilynFL - 1:20pm on 05/03/17
- Here is Tartinery's menu version now (missing the peas, which I really liked) - MarilynFL - 1:34pm on 05/03/17
- This simpler version with cumin dressing looks lovely too. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:38pm on 05/03/17
- I love making avocado toast on locally made Italian white bread, toasted, then brushed with - KarenNoCA - 3:00pm on 05/03/17
- A friend made this Avocado Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction for a party. They were delish. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:56pm on 05/03/17
- Avocado-Pesto - Richard in Cincy - 8:29pm on 05/03/17
- Beautiful menu! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:41pm on 05/03/17
- Thank you everyone! I'm now leaning toward Cathy's version with cilantro pesto, topped with cumin- - Joe - 2:20am on 05/04/17
- I was the happy/lucky recipient of a flat-rate box of J&J Avocadoes. Everyone - MarilynFL - 12:53pm on 05/04/17
- How fun it that! Very, very cool! [NT] - barb_b - 4:12pm on 05/04/17