Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thank you everyone! I'm now leaning toward Cathy's version with cilantro pesto, topped with cumin-
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29607 at 10:20 pm on May 3, 2017
marinated tomatoes, in sauce a la Marilyn. It's gotta be simple and vegan, as I will not be doing the assembly.
All these ideas sound delicious though!
When we moved to our house we had two huge old avocado trees. We gave them away by the bushel. Now they are both gone. (they don't usually live beyond 45 years, and they were old when we moved in.) and I wish we still had some of those tons of avocados we gave away.
We have an itty bitty tree getting started now. Jacques says it will be for the next owner.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29607. Avocado Toast Ideas? It's time for the Spring Garden Tour again! We were promised a case of avocados - Joe - 10:44pm on 05/02/17 (14)
- And here is the menu for our tour. It is a bus trip through four community gardens with food, music - Joe - 10:46pm on 05/02/17
- GORGEOUS menu, Joe. Really wonderful. Here is an idea for Avocado Toast: - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:43am on 05/03/17
- Lovely! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:23pm on 05/03/17
- Joe, the menu sounds amazing! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:42pm on 05/04/17
- Smashed Peas, Avocado & Asparagus Open-faced Slab. - MarilynFL - 9:20am on 05/03/17
- Here is Tartinery's menu version now (missing the peas, which I really liked) - MarilynFL - 9:34am on 05/03/17
- This simpler version with cumin dressing looks lovely too. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:38am on 05/03/17
- I love making avocado toast on locally made Italian white bread, toasted, then brushed with - KarenNoCA - 11:00am on 05/03/17
- A friend made this Avocado Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction for a party. They were delish. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:56pm on 05/03/17
- Avocado-Pesto - Richard in Cincy - 4:29pm on 05/03/17
- Beautiful menu! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:41pm on 05/03/17
- Thank you everyone! I'm now leaning toward Cathy's version with cilantro pesto, topped with cumin- - Joe - 10:20pm on 05/03/17
- I was the happy/lucky recipient of a flat-rate box of J&J Avocadoes. Everyone - MarilynFL - 8:53am on 05/04/17
- How fun it that! Very, very cool! [NT] - barb_b - 12:12pm on 05/04/17