Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
hey cheezz...just saw your question about Buttermilk Pie and cream...and thanks
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29620 at 3:38 pm on May 8, 2017
to colleen for helping with the answer. You were spot on.
Cheezz...there is no heavy cream in the buttermilk pie. However I wanted it to be a bit more tart so I added two TBL of crème fraiche.
I don't think plain heavy cream would make the difference I was going for. If anything, sour cream would be a better option if you want it tarter like I did. I just happened to have homemade crème fraiche and used that.
The original recipe doesn't use anything other than the buttermilk so adding more thin liquid might change the custardosity of the texture.
[CUSTARDOSITY: That's a new word I invented JUST for you.]
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29620. hey cheezz...just saw your question about Buttermilk Pie and cream...and thanks - MarilynFL - 3:38pm on 05/08/17 (6)
- CUSTARDOSITY: Now that is a word that Webster should be made aware of > - KarenNoCA - 4:36pm on 05/08/17
- Smooth and cool and creamy--like my skin used to be before...you know, life. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:41am on 05/09/17
- Aww, Marilyn. .. If I want to see smooth and creamy skin, I have to look at my stomach. . .(nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:32pm on 05/09/17
- Ha. I've managed to stop seeing myself at all. Example: the other - MarilynFL - 3:28pm on 05/10/17
- Yep, I have done the inside out thing--and it irritates me no end. . . - mistral - 10:17pm on 05/11/17
- Thank you! I'm making it this Wednesday. Buttermilk pie has always been a fave :) [NT] - cheezz - 6:42pm on 05/08/17