Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Website says they do not ship these. But I've ordered 3-layer chocolate cakes
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29624 at 5:40 pm on May 10, 2017
for family and friends and the packaging is clever. The round cardboard CAKE BASE was glued to a larger SQUARE base that sits atop ANOTHER SQUARE base that fits the shipping box exactly. At each of the four corners, additional cardboard slides up and over the square corners to hold it exactly in place. So...once those four corners were pressed back down, you could lift out the entire cake. Then a LARGE directional label is placed on the shipping box. Plus the cake was shipped frozen.
I don't know about fondant...I don't think you freeze that.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29624. Holy Stars and Stripes: You can totally copy this cake for WAY LESS than $150. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:09pm on 05/10/17 (5)
- Don't use WILTON fondant as the taste isn't worth the effort. Use - MarilynFL - 12:12pm on 05/10/17
- Holy Cow, and that is about as simple as fondant work can be [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:57pm on 05/10/17
- I know, right! This is a KIDS project using a star cookie cutter.. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:29pm on 05/10/17
- I've never understood how they ship cakes like that? Do they actually arrive in one piece? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 4:31pm on 05/10/17
- Website says they do not ship these. But I've ordered 3-layer chocolate cakes - MarilynFL - 5:40pm on 05/10/17