Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Happened to me about 10 years ago, only time I've seen it. I posted here. It was
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29623 at 9:26 pm on May 10, 2017
quite a sight. Just last night I was thinking probably the last squash I'd use this season when I was cutting one in half and it had that sort of spongy dried out center. No sprouting present this time. I baked some sweet potatoes instead, but peeled the squash and discarded the spongy part, will dice and roast with Moroccan spices for dinner tonight. Hopefully, it will still be good.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29623. Germinated seeds inside my butternut squash ;) - colleenmomof2 - 9:38pm on 05/09/17 (5)
- I found this: Maybe take out a section of squash, and microwave it, then taste. [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 10:47pm on 05/09/17
- Thanks for the link and picture - colleenmomof2 - 3:29am on 05/10/17
- Happened to me about 10 years ago, only time I've seen it. I posted here. It was [LINK] - Curious1 - 9:26pm on 05/10/17
- Why not plant those seeds that have germinated and grow your own - KarenNoCA - 10:39pm on 05/10/17
- Great idea! Always pre-mike before splitting then roasting - colleenmomof2 - 2:43pm on 05/12/17