Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Before I Bite off more than I can chew, how might I freeze these cookies?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29625 at 4:39 am on May 11, 2017
I often take on ideas that may not be practical so grain of salt. I'm just toying with this idea I'm not sure that it's practical at all.
Was thinking of offering my niece to make these as favors and then we could place them in a nice bag on each place setting at her wedding. However these are molded cookies that have to be hand painted. Meaning I have to mold each cookie one at a time so that would take 1 million batches of cookies. And then each one is as big as your hand, so how would I wrap these and freeze them so they don't have any freezer burnt smell? Given I don't know her count for the wedding yet but it could be like 100 to 200 people. That's a lot of cookies, but the wedding is not till September. Still though — am I insane and she just shut up and not Say anything due to the fact this is just crazy?
(I do own a food saver, but I don't know how I would use it for this purpose.)
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 29625. Before I Bite off more than I can chew, how might I freeze these cookies? [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 4:39am on 05/11/17 (13)
- Some ideas - deb-in-MI - 10:07am on 05/11/17
- Deb, how long did a wedding project take you? I was going to do this for a friend, but - MarilynFL - 2:51pm on 05/12/17
- The more I think about it it was two large bridal showers - deb-in-MI - 3:57pm on 05/12/17
- ya...remind me to REREAD this post if I ever think about offering to do this idea. Thanks! [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:48pm on 05/12/17
- Maria, I make cookies for my hubby and here is what I do. - KarenNoCA - 1:55pm on 05/11/17
- My concern would be freezer space. You can't just look at one cookie...you have - MarilynFL - 7:49pm on 05/11/17
- Yes, asked mother of the bride if she has the space in her spare fridge/freezer - MariaDNoCA - 12:16am on 05/12/17
- I also gave the option for me to make jam — does anyone have a good source for low-cost jars? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:50am on 05/12/17
- What is a price point? I looked around online and thought I'd found one - Charley - 10:46am on 05/12/17
- Do you have a link? That's cheaper than here. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:30pm on 05/12/17
- It won't be by the time you add shipping. We can buy jars in the supermarket - Charley - 10:36pm on 05/13/17
- For a good price you need Michael in Tampa's (now Naples) good karma. He ordered - MarilynFL - 2:50pm on 05/12/17
- I know!!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:30pm on 05/12/17