Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The more I think about it it was two large bridal showers
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29625 at 11:57 am on May 12, 2017
And somewhere between 75 to 90 cookies each. Made and froze way ahead of time. Did a few smaller events for friends (bee cookies for a book launch - the cover of the book had beess on it, etc. For that one I made little bees up way ahead of time with stiffer royal icing and then plopped them on the cookies.)
For one I made up the dough at least a month in advance and then one day I baked and decorated the same day. This one was a heart shaped cookie that was flooded in white and then then I think I put the initials of the bride and groom in script - something like "V & J". I'm a tad hazy because at the same time I was making 200+ faux cupcake place card holders - I did that one in stages over weeks. And damn near went crazy.
The other I once again made the dough way in advance on froze it. And then a day or so ahead I made a slew of pink hearts with royal icing (at a stiffer consistency). The next day I baked and flooded the cookies in white and dropped a heart on each.
With both, once dried, I laid them single layer in large 2 gallon ziplocks and frozen until the night before they were needed. Bagging them was the simple part:) I think I also made nice labels that I quickly put on the backs of the cookies with a glue runner (small, cheap plastic thingee).
I have lots of freezer space. (3 freezers) but they really didn't take up too much space. I think the cookies were 4 inches.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29625. Before I Bite off more than I can chew, how might I freeze these cookies? [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 12:39am on 05/11/17 (13)
- Some ideas - deb-in-MI - 6:07am on 05/11/17
- Deb, how long did a wedding project take you? I was going to do this for a friend, but - MarilynFL - 10:51am on 05/12/17
- The more I think about it it was two large bridal showers - deb-in-MI - 11:57am on 05/12/17
- ya...remind me to REREAD this post if I ever think about offering to do this idea. Thanks! [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:48pm on 05/12/17
- Maria, I make cookies for my hubby and here is what I do. - KarenNoCA - 9:55am on 05/11/17
- My concern would be freezer space. You can't just look at one cookie...you have - MarilynFL - 3:49pm on 05/11/17
- Yes, asked mother of the bride if she has the space in her spare fridge/freezer - MariaDNoCA - 8:16pm on 05/11/17
- I also gave the option for me to make jam — does anyone have a good source for low-cost jars? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:50pm on 05/11/17
- What is a price point? I looked around online and thought I'd found one - Charley - 6:46am on 05/12/17
- Do you have a link? That's cheaper than here. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:30pm on 05/12/17
- It won't be by the time you add shipping. We can buy jars in the supermarket - Charley - 6:36pm on 05/13/17
- For a good price you need Michael in Tampa's (now Naples) good karma. He ordered - MarilynFL - 10:50am on 05/12/17
- I know!!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:30pm on 05/12/17