Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
advice, please, on sirloin steak
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29632 at 6:37 pm on May 16, 2017
DH bought some sirloin steaks from Costco to grill for his birthday supper. He tends to grill until medium-well and sirloins can get chewy. Having read that salt can soak in and help tenderize the steaks, I'm trying a Penzy's spice and salt rub, and letting the meat sit uncovered in the fridge for all afternoon.
Being Cosco, there are extra steaks. Is it better to cook and then freeze the spares, OR to freeze the raw-but-spiced meat for future use?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29632. advice, please, on sirloin steak - Anna_X - 6:37pm on 05/16/17 (6)
- Freeze raw. . Top Sirloin should not be - Charley - 6:44pm on 05/16/17
- Agree, as does CI, steaks should not be salted more than 1 hour. I don't go over 30 mins myself - MoNJ - 6:49pm on 05/16/17
- OOOh, this should be interesting. - Anna_X - 7:12pm on 05/16/17
- Found it: http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/the-food-lab-more-tips-for-perfect-steaks.html [LINK] - Anna_X - 7:16pm on 05/16/17
- Well-done but very flavorful. The long salting didn't hurt. Whew!. - Anna_X - 3:49am on 05/17/17
- I have become increasingly disappointed with the quality of meats offered now - KarenNoCA - 1:56pm on 05/17/17