Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Freeze raw. . Top Sirloin should not be
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29632 at 6:44 pm on May 16, 2017
"chewy". Sirloin tip is a less tender piece of meat and will be chewy, but can still be tender if cooked to rare and sliced on the bias.
When you freeze either vacuum seal or try to get as much air out of the bag before freezing to prevent burn.
You may be mixing up the process of salt brining for poultry--it isn't used for beef except for the "corning" process. Salting for an hour should be okay but it won't tenderize, and sirloin shouldn't require
Other messages in this thread:
- 29632. advice, please, on sirloin steak - Anna_X - 6:37pm on 05/16/17 (6)
- Freeze raw. . Top Sirloin should not be - Charley - 6:44pm on 05/16/17
- Agree, as does CI, steaks should not be salted more than 1 hour. I don't go over 30 mins myself - MoNJ - 6:49pm on 05/16/17
- OOOh, this should be interesting. - Anna_X - 7:12pm on 05/16/17
- Found it: http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/the-food-lab-more-tips-for-perfect-steaks.html [LINK] - Anna_X - 7:16pm on 05/16/17
- Well-done but very flavorful. The long salting didn't hurt. Whew!. - Anna_X - 3:49am on 05/17/17
- I have become increasingly disappointed with the quality of meats offered now - KarenNoCA - 1:56pm on 05/17/17