Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Agree, as does CI, steaks should not be salted more than 1 hour. I don't go over 30 mins myself
Joined: Feb 5, 2007
Posted to Thread #29632 at 2:49 pm on May 16, 2017
using red Hawaiian salt. Any longer, and the salt begins to draw the juices out of the meat. Counter-intuitive to what you're trying to achieve.....
Let us know how they turn out! :)
Other messages in this thread:
- 29632. advice, please, on sirloin steak - Anna_X - 2:37pm on 05/16/17 (6)
- Freeze raw. . Top Sirloin should not be - Charley - 2:44pm on 05/16/17
- Agree, as does CI, steaks should not be salted more than 1 hour. I don't go over 30 mins myself - MoNJ - 2:49pm on 05/16/17
- OOOh, this should be interesting. - Anna_X - 3:12pm on 05/16/17
- Found it: http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/the-food-lab-more-tips-for-perfect-steaks.html [LINK] - Anna_X - 3:16pm on 05/16/17
- Well-done but very flavorful. The long salting didn't hurt. Whew!. - Anna_X - 11:49pm on 05/16/17
- I have become increasingly disappointed with the quality of meats offered now - KarenNoCA - 9:56am on 05/17/17