Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
OOOh, this should be interesting.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29632 at 3:12 pm on May 16, 2017
CI had an article I saved from May + June 2014 -- How to Grill a Great Steak. For everyday steaks, it suggests to either marinate or salty rub. (I have to avoid soy marinades.)
"Refrigerate the steaks for 2 hours, Just before grilling, mist the steaks with vegetable oil spray to help the rub cling and encourage the spices' fat-soluble compounds to 'bloom' on the grill."
I'd also read an article by a chef who tested salting rib eye steaks. His results indicated two options: salting at the last minute or salting long time, more than 40 minutes. I'll see if I can find who that was.
In the meantime, I've wrapped and frozen the extra raw meat!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29632. advice, please, on sirloin steak - Anna_X - 2:37pm on 05/16/17 (6)
- Freeze raw. . Top Sirloin should not be - Charley - 2:44pm on 05/16/17
- Agree, as does CI, steaks should not be salted more than 1 hour. I don't go over 30 mins myself - MoNJ - 2:49pm on 05/16/17
- OOOh, this should be interesting. - Anna_X - 3:12pm on 05/16/17
- Found it: http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/the-food-lab-more-tips-for-perfect-steaks.html [LINK] - Anna_X - 3:16pm on 05/16/17
- Well-done but very flavorful. The long salting didn't hurt. Whew!. - Anna_X - 11:49pm on 05/16/17
- I have become increasingly disappointed with the quality of meats offered now - KarenNoCA - 9:56am on 05/17/17