Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Our favorites - most not fine dining ;)
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #29631 at 7:35 pm on May 17, 2017
Gay, We don't have a favorite at 32nd and 5th. These are located all over Manhattan but easily reachable from the subway. Colleen
Parisi Bakery - giant sub sandwich with anything you like on it and be sure to add their roasted peppers. We love their Italian. Mott@Spring
Rice to Riches - around the corner from Parisi with to-die-for rice pudding variations Spring@Mott
New York Mart Grocery Store - everything wonderful including 1/2 rotisserie roasted duck (and their tasty pastries) Mott@Grand
Fish - excellent soups for lunch Bleeker@Jones
Milk Bar East Village - ice cream and pastries 13th@2nd Ave.
Brooklyn's Noodle Pudding - neighborhood Italian (walked across the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan City Hall) 38 Henry St
Sammy's Noodle Shop & Grill - in the dining room, not carryout 6th Ave@11th
Waverly Diner - home-cooked/local for dinner 6th Ave@Waverly
Gramercy Tavern - for desserts 22nd@Park
Chelsea Market - food court 9th Ave@15th St.
Milk Bar Chelsea - pastries 8th Ave.@21st St
K Rico Steakhouse - pre-theater 9th Ave@51st St
Ollie's Sichuan - lunch 42nd@9thAve.
Daniella Trattoria - after theater 8th Ave@45th St
Indian Tanpora - tasty lunch Amsterdam@87th
Sophia’s Cuban - cafeteria (sandwich line at back of restaurant) Lexington@41st
KBBQ (Korean BBQ) - meat and veggie bowls Lexington@55th
Other messages in this thread:
- 29631. Restaurant Suggestions, if possible for area - GayR - 6:13pm on 05/16/17 (7)
- Not sure if this is too far for you, but I love this restaurant - MoNJ - 7:06pm on 05/16/17
- Thank you Mo, we are planning for the 17th of June..... [NT] - GayR - 7:49pm on 05/16/17
- Our favorites - most not fine dining ;) - colleenmomof2 - 7:35pm on 05/17/17
- Thank you colleen and Hallie for the additional recommendations.... [NT] - GayR - 10:44pm on 05/17/17
- Her Name is Han, 31st and Mad. L'amico, 6th and 29th... - hallie in fla - 8:26pm on 05/17/17
- Kind of a no-man's-land for food... But you could take a taxi - ErininNY - 6:22pm on 05/18/17
- I asked dh, he said he said have fun, but no recommendations. Not familiar with this area. [NT] - barb_b - 12:55am on 05/20/17