Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
DEC --great lemon souffle cake at college dinner -- want to copy it
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29637 at 3:17 am on May 19, 2017
The local junior college's Culinary Arts department does Thursday evening dinners to practice their skills in a restaurant setting. The menu varies each semester but is always delicious
Dessert was listed as a lemon souffle cake. It appeared to have been made with lemon curd on the bottom of cupcake pans and then filled with a VERY light cake, and turned out onto the serving dish.
Have any of you tried putting curd in with something likes Pat's pudding cake?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29637. DEC --great lemon souffle cake at college dinner -- want to copy it [LINK] - Anna_X - 3:17am on 05/19/17 (7)
- I hate auto spell. That was FRC, not DEC! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:20am on 05/19/17
- You might try asking the dept. head for the REC. Our local Culinary school group is always - wigs - 8:52pm on 05/19/17
- Indeed, I did ask. It's chef's secret! [NT] - Anna_X - 6:45am on 05/20/17
- Bummer..... [NT] - wigs - 3:01pm on 05/22/17
- Anna have a look at Tyler Florence's Recipe Lemon Pudding Cake [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 11:47am on 05/20/17
- Gay seems to have nailed the description, but I'll add a Down Under version by Margaret Fulton. - MarilynFL - 4:00pm on 05/21/17
- Sorry to be so tardy in responding. We went out of town. I hope to test these recipes soon. [NT] - Anna_X - 6:00am on 05/29/17