Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Spearmint Syrup is nice to offer for those who like a bit of dressing.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29636 at 3:08 pm on May 19, 2017
So simple to make and really delicious, if you like mint. I like to serve it in a sauceboat to be used if wanted. Recipe from Fine Cooking Magazine.
1 small (3/4-oz.) bunch fresh spearmint
1 cup granulated sugar
Rinse the mint well & drain. Put the sugar in a small saucepan and place the mint on top. Crush the mint into the sugar with a wooden spoon to release its flavor. Add 1 cup water. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved. As soon as the syrup starts simmering rapidly, remove it from the heat and set aside to infuse for 20 minutes. Strain, discarding the mint, and let cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29636. I was asked to bring a light dessert to a get together tomorrow night. I'm making a - CynUpstateNY - 7:17pm on 05/18/17 (5)
- I'd leave it plain unless the fruit really needed dressing because it wasn't ripe. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:27am on 05/19/17
- Thanks! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:05pm on 05/19/17
- Rec: Spearmint Syrup is nice to offer for those who like a bit of dressing. - Curious1 - 3:08pm on 05/19/17
- Leave as is. Butter cookies have been become so popular here. Hope they enjoy the treat [NT] - barb_b - 8:51pm on 05/19/17
- I did an agave, lime juice and mint and left it in a small pitcher if anyone wanted it. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:04pm on 05/20/17