Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I would like to water bath them for a better seal - will 15 min affect the final product?
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #29633 at 5:42 am on May 20, 2017
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29633. ISO your favorite sweet cherry jam or preserve recipe?? My tree is loaded! [NT] - cheezz - 5:33am on 05/17/17 (11)
- Here is David Leibowitz's no pectin recipe. I make just about every other kind of - Charley - 11:17am on 05/17/17
- I have used Liebowitz's recipe and it works great! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:02pm on 05/18/17
- Here is another link that uses pectin and describes the entire process in great detail. - Charley - 12:07pm on 05/17/17
- The plate test is what I use with Liebowitz's instructions . . . - mistral - 8:14pm on 05/18/17
- I would like to water bath them for a better seal - will 15 min affect the final product? [NT] - cheezz - 5:42am on 05/20/17
- No, it should not affect the final product, and it will make a great seal. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:37pm on 05/20/17
- Mistral help!!! My jam didn't jell enough - can I re-boil it? [NT] - cheezz - 4:02pm on 05/22/17
- No pectin - just cherries and sugar [NT] - cheezz - 4:04pm on 05/22/17
- Hey, cheezz, I thought you lived in the L.A. area? What variety (name) of cherries are you growing? [NT] - mistral - 8:23pm on 05/18/17
- Bing. And yes, I did live in L.A. but moved to the Sacramento area last year. [NT] - cheezz - 5:40am on 05/20/17
- I want a sweet cherry Tree! [NT] - barb_b - 12:53am on 05/20/17