Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Gay seems to have nailed the description, but I'll add a Down Under version by Margaret Fulton.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29637 at 4:00 pm on May 21, 2017
My kind neighbor who is a true Australia-lover, has given me several Australian baking books.
This one (BAKING) by Margaret Fulton has a recipe called "Lemon Delicious Pudding" which is described as sponge topping with a creamy lemon sauce below.
100 g butter, softened
grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
2/3 c (150 g) caster sugar
3 eggs, separated
1/2 C (75 g) self-raising flour, sifted
1 1/4 C milk
Preheat oven to 180 CENTIGRADE.
Butter four 1-cup ramekins
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter with the lemon rind and sugar. When it is creamy and light, beat in the egg yolks. Stir in the sifted flour alternately with the milk.
Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture with the lemon juice, lightly but thoroughly.
Pour into the prepared ramekins and bake for about 40 minutes. Serve hot with thick cream
OPTION: Spoon the mixture into a 3-4 Quart casserole and bake 180 CENTIGRADE for 45-50 minutes.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29637. DEC --great lemon souffle cake at college dinner -- want to copy it [LINK] - Anna_X - 3:17am on 05/19/17 (7)
- I hate auto spell. That was FRC, not DEC! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:20am on 05/19/17
- You might try asking the dept. head for the REC. Our local Culinary school group is always - wigs - 8:52pm on 05/19/17
- Indeed, I did ask. It's chef's secret! [NT] - Anna_X - 6:45am on 05/20/17
- Bummer..... [NT] - wigs - 3:01pm on 05/22/17
- Anna have a look at Tyler Florence's Recipe Lemon Pudding Cake [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 11:47am on 05/20/17
- Gay seems to have nailed the description, but I'll add a Down Under version by Margaret Fulton. - MarilynFL - 4:00pm on 05/21/17
- Sorry to be so tardy in responding. We went out of town. I hope to test these recipes soon. [NT] - Anna_X - 6:00am on 05/29/17