Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Has anyone made a wedding cake? Like a tiered layer cake wedding cake? How did it go?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29641 at 1:11 pm on May 21, 2017
I've been wanting to try to make a tiered cake, it doesn't seem hard to me which makes me wonder what I don't know. You just make layer cakes stick dowels in them so they've got Support, stack them on top of each other and spackled the crack between the layers, right?
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 29641. Has anyone made a wedding cake? Like a tiered layer cake wedding cake? How did it go? - MariaDNoCA - 1:11pm on 05/21/17 (13)
- Maria, I've made several *grooms* cakes for informal weddings--- - MarilynFL - 5:56pm on 05/21/17
- Also I emailed you (gmail account) a large 5M pdf file with wedding cakes. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:38am on 05/22/17
- Yes, I've made a few and you've got the gist of it. Marilyn has good ideas [NT] - cheezz - 12:00pm on 05/22/17
- My grandmother and I made my wedding cake the day before my wedding - Melissa Dallas - 5:07pm on 05/22/17
- Rose Levy Beranbaum has a buttercream icing that she claims holds up in humid weather. - MarilynFL - 10:48am on 05/23/17
- In addition to the great points others made, keep in mind the weight of the finished product - LisainLA - 12:41am on 05/23/17
- LisainLA is so right.! - daricem - 2:31pm on 05/23/17
- Yes my thought would be to assemble it on site — I fear transport. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:44pm on 05/23/17
- And depending on how high the tiers, there may even be platforms within - Charley - 8:10am on 05/29/17
- Once assembled, whittle a dowel to a point and push thru center of cake - cheezz - 6:41pm on 05/23/17
- ...and, bonus points, you're now armed should you be attacked by vampires. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:58am on 05/24/17
- So true! And at weddings...you just never know what relatives might show up :) [NT] - cheezz - 1:36am on 05/25/17
- ha! [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:26pm on 05/25/17