Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I like to add it to sandwiches
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29642 at 11:47 am on May 22, 2017
I particularly like the turkey/avocado combo but works with lots of options. And you could do the same with other things like tacos. Just adding it as is, not as a guacamole. In many cases I prefer it that way. After years of seeing people eat avocado with their eggs for breakfast and not liking the idea, I finally tried it at a local restaurant and enjoyed it. I've seen people spread mushy avocado on toast as well.
non guac dip. lots of good options
topping for a baked potato
rub it in your skin... supposed to be good for you.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29642. Looking for ideas...Besides Guac, what to do with mushy avocado's? [NT] - barb_b - 10:08am on 05/22/17 (12)
- I like to add it to sandwiches - pmassell_93 - 11:47am on 05/22/17
- Mushy, as in over ripe, but still whole? If the avocado has turned color under the skin - KarenNoCA - 12:14pm on 05/22/17
- agreed about tossing if they are brown under the skin - pmassell_93 - 12:51pm on 05/22/17
- Yes to all of the above [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:57pm on 05/22/17
- I can see a warning label on Butternut Squash, but on an avocado? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:16pm on 05/22/17
- here's a reference to it [NT] [LINK] - pmassell_93 - 6:51pm on 05/22/17
- Thanks for that link, the article made me laugh right out loud! [NT] - LisainLA - 12:39am on 05/23/17
- Ha! I could have written that article...and I have the scars to prove it! [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:56am on 05/23/17
- I had an avocado mishap when I was quite young. Stabbed at the seed wth the tip of the knife, it - Curious1 - 11:54am on 05/23/17
- I remove the pit by holding the avocado half in the palm of my hand and swiftly embed the blade of - MarilynFL - 7:03pm on 05/23/17
- Just tried to find a video and saw a safer addition. Online shows user holding a thick dishtowel - MarilynFL - 7:06pm on 05/23/17
- There is a Brazilian sweet that I enjoyed: toss into a blender the following items - MarilynFL - 1:21pm on 05/22/17