Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I like to add it to sandwiches
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29642 at 3:47 pm on May 22, 2017
I particularly like the turkey/avocado combo but works with lots of options. And you could do the same with other things like tacos. Just adding it as is, not as a guacamole. In many cases I prefer it that way. After years of seeing people eat avocado with their eggs for breakfast and not liking the idea, I finally tried it at a local restaurant and enjoyed it. I've seen people spread mushy avocado on toast as well.
non guac dip. lots of good options
topping for a baked potato
rub it in your skin... supposed to be good for you.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29642. Looking for ideas...Besides Guac, what to do with mushy avocado's? [NT] - barb_b - 2:08pm on 05/22/17 (12)
- I like to add it to sandwiches - pmassell_93 - 3:47pm on 05/22/17
- Mushy, as in over ripe, but still whole? If the avocado has turned color under the skin - KarenNoCA - 4:14pm on 05/22/17
- agreed about tossing if they are brown under the skin - pmassell_93 - 4:51pm on 05/22/17
- Yes to all of the above [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:57pm on 05/22/17
- I can see a warning label on Butternut Squash, but on an avocado? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 6:16pm on 05/22/17
- here's a reference to it [NT] [LINK] - pmassell_93 - 10:51pm on 05/22/17
- Thanks for that link, the article made me laugh right out loud! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:39am on 05/23/17
- Ha! I could have written that article...and I have the scars to prove it! [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:56am on 05/23/17
- I had an avocado mishap when I was quite young. Stabbed at the seed wth the tip of the knife, it - Curious1 - 3:54pm on 05/23/17
- I remove the pit by holding the avocado half in the palm of my hand and swiftly embed the blade of - MarilynFL - 11:03pm on 05/23/17
- Just tried to find a video and saw a safer addition. Online shows user holding a thick dishtowel - MarilynFL - 11:06pm on 05/23/17
- There is a Brazilian sweet that I enjoyed: toss into a blender the following items - MarilynFL - 5:21pm on 05/22/17