Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
CynUpstateNY, here is a T&T choc cupcake REC w/ no icing that is delicious.Sorry it took me so long
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29643 at 4:55 pm on May 22, 2017
to lay my hands on this. It was originally given to me by a friend named Carolyn Doty back in 1979!
DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE MINIATURE CAKES
One 3-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 egg, unbeaten
1 egg yolk, unbeaten
Dash of salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup salad oil
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup toasted, slivered almonds, chopped OR pecans
1) Start heating oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper liners in twelve 3-inch cupcake pan cups. (Note from Wigs: I usually end up with 15 cupcakes.)
2) In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, egg, egg yolk, 1/4 cup grandulated sugar and dash of salt until smooth; then stir in semi-sweet chocolate pieces. Set aside.
3) Into large bowl, sift together flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, cocoa, soda, 1/2 tsp. salt.
4) Combine water, salad oil, egg white, vinegar and vanilla; beat well with fork. Then add, all at once, to dry ingredients and stir with spoon until well combined.
5) Fill each prepared cupcake pan cup about half full with cocoa batter. Into center of each cupcake pan of batter, spoon a tablespoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
6) Now generously sprinkle tops with about 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar, then with toasted almonds (or pecans). Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester, inserted in the center, comes out clean and cupcakes are golden. Cool in pans 10 minutes; then remove to rack to finish cooling. Makes 12.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29643. CynUpstateNY, here is a T&T choc cupcake REC w/ no icing that is delicious.Sorry it took me so long - wigs - 4:55pm on 05/22/17 (8)
- OMG! This is the recipe I lost and was searching for!! Thanks so much! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:01pm on 05/22/17
- I've made this recipe for years but without the almonds. Mine was called Black Bottom Cups. [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 11:05pm on 05/22/17
- Okay...need advice. I was going to scale wig's recipe UP to use 8 oz cream cheese, but - MarilynFL - 12:37pm on 05/24/17
- It looks like the major difference is the source of fat - coming from cream cheese vs eggs/oil - LisainLA - 1:57pm on 05/24/17
- CynUpstateNY--U know, I had a little feeling that this might be the REC you had lost! When I first - wigs - 4:11pm on 06/01/17
- *When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.* [Regina Brett] [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:23pm on 05/22/17