Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I remove the pit by holding the avocado half in the palm of my hand and swiftly embed the blade of
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29642 at 7:03 pm on May 23, 2017
chef's knife into the pit. Sharp twist to the left and it pops out, still attached to the knife. I knock the knife blade on the edge of the garbage can and it drops right off.
The knife is only about 4" above the pit, but it's heavy enough and sharp enough to embed itself. This method WILL NOT WORK with something like a steak knife.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29642. Looking for ideas...Besides Guac, what to do with mushy avocado's? [NT] - barb_b - 10:08am on 05/22/17 (12)
- I like to add it to sandwiches - pmassell_93 - 11:47am on 05/22/17
- Mushy, as in over ripe, but still whole? If the avocado has turned color under the skin - KarenNoCA - 12:14pm on 05/22/17
- agreed about tossing if they are brown under the skin - pmassell_93 - 12:51pm on 05/22/17
- Yes to all of the above [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:57pm on 05/22/17
- I can see a warning label on Butternut Squash, but on an avocado? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:16pm on 05/22/17
- here's a reference to it [NT] [LINK] - pmassell_93 - 6:51pm on 05/22/17
- Thanks for that link, the article made me laugh right out loud! [NT] - LisainLA - 12:39am on 05/23/17
- Ha! I could have written that article...and I have the scars to prove it! [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:56am on 05/23/17
- I had an avocado mishap when I was quite young. Stabbed at the seed wth the tip of the knife, it - Curious1 - 11:54am on 05/23/17
- I remove the pit by holding the avocado half in the palm of my hand and swiftly embed the blade of - MarilynFL - 7:03pm on 05/23/17
- Just tried to find a video and saw a safer addition. Online shows user holding a thick dishtowel - MarilynFL - 7:06pm on 05/23/17
- There is a Brazilian sweet that I enjoyed: toss into a blender the following items - MarilynFL - 1:21pm on 05/22/17