Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hiya! This link has quite a few cold soups in the thread. How about changing that bread dough
Joined: Feb 5, 2007
Posted to Thread #29646 at 9:27 am on May 25, 2017
to pizza dough and do Pizza Sunday? (Pizza Sunday is our standard summer Sunday fare.)
You could have some meat toppings to satisfy the crowd.
Then serve a chilled fruit soup for dessert.
We grill our pizzas on our outdoor grill. For a crowd, grill the pizza rounds at once, keep warm, then top with different toppings, making sure the pizza sauce is hot when you dollop or spread on the dough so the cheese melts quickly without burning the bottom for a minute or two on the grates. Oven baked pizza works too....
Then switch back to cold soup and bread. Keep them guessing!
Glad you're well and back to "visit." :)
Other messages in this thread:
- 29646. Soup Sundays and how to see your friends and family more. - EvaN - 6:11am on 05/24/17 (23)
- Salads would be nice, but don't overlook cold soup! - judy-mass - 7:42am on 05/24/17
- What a nice thing to do Eva. We had company for lunch over the weekend - KarenNoCA - 11:03am on 05/24/17
- Judy, is your recipe for the cold soup posted on Eat. at? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:05am on 05/24/17
- REC: Cold Avocado and Cucumber Soup - judy-mass - 5:18pm on 05/24/17
- REC: Chilled Zucchini and Avocado Soup - judy-mass - 5:24pm on 05/24/17
- ROASTED TOMATO AND RED PEPPER GAZPACHO - orchid - 6:53pm on 05/24/17
- Here is the link to the recipe above, if you care to save in CopyMeThat! [LINK] - judy-mass - 7:19pm on 05/24/17
- This is great, Judy and Karen. Cold soup never crossed my mind - but it would fit - EvaN - 1:28am on 05/25/17
- I think of cold soups as a first course... - judy-mass - 7:54am on 05/25/17
- Judy, what a great idea. I could serve a cold soup, then some cold cuts and cheese, maybe a veggie - EvaN - 3:54am on 05/26/17
- Yes it is, along with a simple green salad. I have had some rather - KarenNoCA - 9:30am on 05/25/17
- I totally agree with everything you said, Karen. Most of us can benefit - EvaN - 3:52am on 05/26/17
- Thanks for posting the recipes. We love cold soups in the summer! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 9:36am on 05/25/17
- Love it. So nice to see you again Eva! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:13pm on 05/24/17
- Hiya! This link has quite a few cold soups in the thread. How about changing that bread dough [LINK] - MoNJ - 9:27am on 05/25/17
- This sounds like so much fun. I bet those small naan breads would really work well for this idea [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 12:47pm on 05/26/17
- We love grilled pizza! - colleenmomof2 - 2:33pm on 05/26/17
- MoNJ, we already have Saturday Pizza - LOL. I make mine really simple these days: - EvaN - 3:04am on 05/27/17
- Reminds me of this book. Mr. Sunday Soups [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 1:54pm on 05/25/17
- Hadn't heard about this book before, Traca. Thanks for sharing :-) [NT] - EvaN - 3:50am on 05/26/17
- Thanks, Traca! Ordered this and Mr. and Mrs. Sunday Suppers from our library - colleenmomof2 - 3:05pm on 05/26/17
- I just ordered the book also :-) [NT] - EvaN - 2:38am on 05/28/17
- Welcome home, Eva :-) [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 2:41pm on 05/26/17