Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can you post the recipe/ratios you used? (more)
Joined: Feb 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #29645 at 1:16 pm on May 25, 2017
I might have a few ideas.
Also which variety of cherries?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29645. Help! Any jammers out there? My cherry jam didn't gel enough - can I re-boil it? [NT] - cheezz - 1:42am on 05/24/17 (13)
- I checked with my mom who is an avid jam maker and she said yes :-) [NT] - EvaN - 6:42am on 05/24/17
- a second "yes". Cook to 220* or do the sheet test. Dip your spoon into the jam - Charley - 8:29am on 05/24/17
- Well, rats. I scraped all the jam out into a pan, resterilized jars, got new seals - cheezz - 1:33am on 05/25/17
- Can you buy a "jam thickener" or something like that were you live? - EvaN - 4:45am on 05/25/17
- I wanted just the pure organic fruit and organic sugar...no additives [NT] - cheezz - 11:50am on 05/26/17
- I'm glad Mistral found an answer for you. Low pectin fruits really just need some - Charley - 8:28am on 05/27/17
- Can you post the recipe/ratios you used? (more) - daricem - 1:16pm on 05/25/17
- Are you sure your thermometer is right on? Any way, try letting it set for a while. . . - mistral - 1:45pm on 05/25/17
- Pie filling! What a good idea...thanks! [NT] - cheezz - 11:51am on 05/26/17
- Inside id a link to what may have happened with you Cherry Jam: . . . [LINK] - mistral - 4:12pm on 05/25/17
- Yes, I bet it was the perfectly ripe cherries. I didn't realize ripeness had anything to do with it! - cheezz - 11:18am on 05/26/17
- All due respect to David (and I think I looked at that recipe), when I make - Charley - 8:32am on 05/27/17
- I am no expert but I have never had trouble getting jam to set. I make freezer jam only - KarenNoCA - 7:11pm on 05/25/17