Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Cashew Macadamia Crunch - these are wonderful!!!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #5801 at 8:15 pm on Feb 21, 2007
2 cups (11.5 oz. pkg.) milk chocolate or chocolate chips
3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted or unsalted cashews
3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted or unsalted macadamia nuts
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Line 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan;
butter foil. Cover bottom of prepared pan with chocolate chips.
Combine cashews, macadamia nuts, butter, sugar and corn syrup in large heavy skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to cling together and turns golden brown.
Pour mixture over chocolate chips in pan, spreading evenly. Cool. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Break into pieces. Store tightly covered in cool, dry place. About 1-1/2 pounds candy.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 5801. What can I do with a half-pound of macadamia nuts fresh from Hawaii? [NT] - Yama D - 1:25am on 02/18/07 (20)
- (and keep it clean, please.) [NT] - Yama D - 1:25am on 02/18/07
- Ha! Make the above cookie recipe with Macadamias instead of pecans? [NT] - Meryl - 1:46am on 02/18/07
- (I'm referring to the Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies [NT] - Meryl - 4:35am on 02/18/07
- Do you want savory or sweet ideas? [NT] - Meryl - 1:50am on 02/18/07
- Here's a sweet one, posted by AGM_Cape_Cod awhile ago.These sound great: Macadamia Lime Cookies... - Meryl - 2:19am on 02/18/07
- I may have made these years ago...and wasn't that impressed with them. - MarilynFL - 6:28pm on 02/18/07
- Rec: Banana Macadamia Nut Muffins - Pat-NoCal - 2:07am on 02/18/07
- Pat, how about the Couscous Carnivale from Charlie that you recommended to me? [NT] - Meryl - 2:13am on 02/18/07
- Not T&T yet but on the "ever growing" list *sigh* - Pat-NoCal - 2:42am on 02/18/07
- macadamia nut brittle... chop and add to crumbs to coat baked chicken [NT] - cheezz - 3:40am on 02/18/07
- Another one on my list to try: Triple Berry Coffeecake [LINK] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 3:44am on 02/18/07
- Pineapple-Mac Nut Crunch Pie - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:16am on 02/18/07
- Eat them slowly, one at a time. . . . mmmmmmm [NT] - Debbie_in_GA - 12:52pm on 02/18/07
- LOL! I already did that! I had TWO half-pound bags, now I have one left. [NT] - Yama D - 4:56pm on 02/18/07
- These are one of my husband's favorite cookies. REC: Macadamia Nut Cookies - Dawn_MO - 2:09pm on 02/18/07
- You could us macadamia nuts in place of pecans in this tasty treat. [NT] [LINK] - BobbiJoAZ - 8:40pm on 02/18/07
- Icebox Cookies (T&T&mmmmmmmmm) >>>> [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 12:49pm on 02/19/07
- Rec: Cashew Macadamia Crunch - these are wonderful!!! - MariaDNoCA - 8:15pm on 02/21/07