Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A big hit at Christmas was REC: Cider-Glazed Roasted Root Vegetables...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #9235 at 12:37 pm on Dec 31, 2007
CIDER-GLAZED ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
Recipe By :Bon Appétit/January 2003
Serving Size : 6
3 tablespoons butter
12 ounces carrots -- (about 2 large) peeled, cut into 2x1/3-inch sticks
12 ounces parsnips -- (about 3 large) peeled, cut into 2x1/3-inch sticks
12 ounces rutabagas -- (about 2 medium) peeled, cut into 2x1/3-inch sticks
1 cup sparkling apple cider
2 tablespoons Calvados -- or other brandy
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425°F. Using 1/2 tablespoon butter, generously coat 17x12x1-inch heavy rimmed baking sheet. Arrange carrots, parsnips, and rutabagas in single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle cider over vegetables. Dot with remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and bake until vegetables are almost crisp-tender, about 25 minutes. Stir vegetables to coat with juices. Bake uncovered until vegetables are tender and juices are almost evaporated, about 20 minutes. Drizzle Calvados over vegetables and toss to coat.
Transfer mixture to serving bowl. Toss with parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Other messages in this thread:
- 9235. A big hit at Christmas was REC: Cider-Glazed Roasted Root Vegetables... - charlie - 12:37pm on 12/31/07 (9)
- Thanks Charlie, I just bought a couple of small rutabagas, now I have to find the parsnips. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:20pm on 12/31/07
- The parsnips are great in it, but rutabagas and more carrots would work just fine [NT] - charlie - 4:09pm on 12/31/07
- Thanks, I think I can find parsnips in a bag with a little sleuthing, I'll try. [NT] - Curious1 - 4:35pm on 12/31/07
- I 'fess up. I've never had parsnips or rutabagas,... - Anna_X - 6:17pm on 12/31/07
- parsnips are like super sweet carrots, but rutabagas are bittersweet-both become... - charlie - 9:40pm on 12/31/07
- Thank you. I'll keep a look-out at the store for these. NT [NT] - Anna_X - 11:38pm on 12/31/07
- I don't care for parsnips, however I do like to eat them with carrots and maple syrup [NT] - Marsha tbay - 12:57am on 01/01/08
- Charlie - since you've tasted this - think turnips might work? - Music City Missy - 8:18pm on 01/01/08
- I think they would be delicious--please let us know---made it again today to raves [NT] - charlie - 2:29am on 01/02/08