Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My shortbread has little sugar. It does have a whole pound of butter.
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #23987 at 4:06 pm on Mar 9, 2013
Baking is chemistry. Substitutions change that.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23987. FRC: Does anyone else cringe when they see cake recipes with 2-3 c sugar, without frosting? - MoNJ - 10:43pm on 03/08/13 (17)
- my Dh is also diabetic. I stay clear of those loaded with sugar recipes, or adjust. [LINK] - AngAk1 - 12:22am on 03/09/13
- Ang, have you tried Whey Low? I'm not sure if they ship to AK. [NT] - Meryl - 12:35am on 03/09/13
- I just looked. They do ship to AK. [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:51am on 03/09/13
- I'll look for it up here and maybe on Amazon. [NT] - AngAk1 - 12:52am on 03/09/13
- my DH has been doing Weight Watchers and is down about 8 pounds and has to lower his insulin already - AngAk1 - 12:55am on 03/09/13
- No, when I bake I refuse to feel guilty. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:33am on 03/09/13
- I'm with you, Melissa. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:56pm on 03/09/13
- My shortbread has little sugar. It does have a whole pound of butter. - Melissa Dallas - 4:06pm on 03/09/13
- 1-2-3-4 ratio for cakes is traditional and basic... at least that's what I learned... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:17am on 03/10/13
- One of my favorite cakes is the 1-2-3-4 Cake from the back of the Swans Down Cake Flour box. [NT] - LisainLA - 12:29am on 03/11/13
- I hate overly sweet things - you find it much more in American desserts than - Meryl - 12:33am on 03/09/13
- It doesn't really bother me, but I have noticed that after about 18 months of taking it easy on swee - LisainLA - 5:09am on 03/09/13
- Amen to that. I switched to black coffee + Splenda last year to help lose weight. Worked perfectly. - MarilynFL - 5:22pm on 03/09/13
- I stopped sugar in mine, but can't do it without half-an-half. [NT] - LisainLA - 12:31am on 03/11/13
- I try to stay off cakes (but you guys sure doesn't make it easy! LOL ) [NT] - EvaN - 7:37am on 03/10/13
- Less guilt: Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 12:05am on 03/14/13
- I'm in for the cake---not so sure about the icing. [NT] - AngAk1 - 1:07am on 03/14/13