Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Cannelloni with Prosciutto and Zucchini
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #3174 at 10:18 pm on Aug 20, 2006
Cannelloni with Prosciutto and Zucchini
12 cannelloni shells - cooked
3 T. olive oil
4 medium zucchini - diced
8 cloves garlic - sliced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 onion - chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 cup ricotta cheese
2/3 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup chopped prosciutto or ham
1/4 cup fresh parsley - chopped
2 cups tomato sauce
3/4 cup Bechamel sauce
3 cups milk
3 T. butter
3 T. flour
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Cannelloni - Cook the cannelloni noodles for half the time directed on the package. Drain and let cool. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan until hot.
Add the zucchini, garlic, red pepper flakes, onion, salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add the wine and chicken
stock and boil until most of the liquid cooks away, 4-5 minutes.
Place zucchini mixture into food processor with the ricotta and 1/3 cup of the parmesan cheese, the prosciutto and parsley. Process to a smooth consistency. Transfer filling to piping bag. Place the tip of bag into one end of the cannelloni and fill halfway. Repeat for the other side of noodle. Pour 1 cup of the tomato sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Place filled
cannelloni on top of sauce. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over and top with bechamel sauce. Top with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Bechamel Sauce: In a large saucepan, warm the milk until steaming. In another saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk the flour into the melted butter to create a roux. ontinue
cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not let the flour brown.
Remove pan from heat. Add the nutmeg to hot milk. Pour a little at a time of the warm milk into the roux, whisking vigorously to prevent
lumps. When milk has been added, return pan to heat, whisking until sauce thickens.
"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." -Franklin P. Jones
Other messages in this thread:
- 3174. REC: Fettuccine with fried zucchini T&T - Randi - 10:15pm on 08/20/06 (10)
- REC: Cannelloni with Prosciutto and Zucchini - Randi - 10:18pm on 08/20/06
- REC: Wild Mushroom Fettuccini with Truffle Oil T&T - Randi - 10:22pm on 08/20/06
- REC: Pasta with Vodka & Caviar T&T - Randi - 10:24pm on 08/20/06
- REC: Pasta Carbonara T&T - Randi - 10:26pm on 08/20/06
- REC: Pasta with garlic - 2 versions T&T - Randi - 10:29pm on 08/20/06
- OK, that's the last of rescue and retrive of my recipes for today. the first person to - Randi - 10:31pm on 08/20/06
- definitelt Italiano. I'm gonna have to learn how to cook Italian we don't have a favorite - Marsha tbay - 10:38pm on 08/20/06
- oh you should Marsha, most of it is really easy to make. I made a classic risotto... - Randi - 10:51pm on 08/20/06
- REC: insalata di mare - Italian Seafood Salad T&T - Randi - 11:13pm on 08/20/06
- REC: Torta Co` Bischeri - Randi - 11:30pm on 08/20/06