Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Missy, this is one of DH's gourmet vinegars, made from Alabama-grown
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #6256 at 2:58 pm on Apr 4, 2007
fruits and vegetables. Cucumbers were fermented into cucumber wine, then re-fermented into cucumber wine vinegar. This one won a gold medal and 2nd overall at Europe's largest vinegar competition in Austria in 2004. The process and equipment is Austrian. (Hence the connection to Richard)
DH also uses the same technology to produce wine vinegars from White Muscadine grapes (bronze medal winner), Apples, Blueberries, Sugarcane, and Malt(gold medal winner) vinegars.
The vinegars are not listed on his web-site yet, (www.perdidovineyards.com), but if you click on "Contact Us", he'll get word, and tell you all about them. They are 375ml bottles that retail for $5.00 each, plus shipping.
Oh dear, I hope this does not violate Mimi's User Agreement!
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 6256. REC: Austrian Cucumber Tea Punch for Marianne - Richard in Cincy - 12:32am on 04/03/07 (8)
- Thanks, Richard. I bet this will be real puzzling to our other members! [NT] - Marianne - 9:27pm on 04/03/07
- Huh? *g* [NT] - cheezz - 2:13am on 04/04/07
- You're up, Richard. [NT] - Marianne - 2:20am on 04/04/07
- Cucumber vinegar??? What the heck is that and where do you get it? [NT] - Music City Missy - 2:20am on 04/04/07
- Oh, the Cucumber Vinegar! - Richard in Cincy - 2:10pm on 04/04/07
- Richard, Mmm..I'm on my way to find some asparagus right now! Thanks! [NT] - Marianne - 3:00pm on 04/04/07
- So interesting. Another trip to Europe. Ho Hum [NT] - Marg CDN - 4:09pm on 04/04/07
- Missy, this is one of DH's gourmet vinegars, made from Alabama-grown - Marianne - 2:58pm on 04/04/07